Lets be honest, we get paid for the neck down and our job destroys our body. This pack is amazing when it comes to comfort! Yes it is heavy and it doesn't breath as much as my old web gear but I hike all day with this pack! If you are looking for a pack to save your body this is it. Weight distribution is amazing, the padding is in all the right places and i have to yet to get any chafing using it. The molle webbing is a huge plus! My old line gear was just cheap department issue. don't get me wrong, it got the job done, but this pack allows one to customize it to YOUR needs, not the guy designing it. My one complaint is that it is a little on the heavy side, but it really isn't noticeable once your wearing it. My pack as it sits loaded comes in at 18lbs and i am surprised about how light it feels once wearing it. Hose packs ride a little better with the load shelf and the weight rides perfect. Heavily recommend this pack for anyone on an engine.
Minimalist fire pack for initial attack.
The Hotspot is built light and fast, designed specifically for the initial attack fire environment. Whether you're protecting neighborhoods in California's sprawling urban interface, supporting a burn on a massive campaign fire, or running a hoselay through big brush, the Hot Spot is your pack of choice.
- Hotshot Yoke for maximum ventilation
- M4 Lumbar Wrap for comfort
- Drop-Seat Load Sling feature supports the weight of hosepacks
- Fusee pocket holds 3 Fusees securely
- Fusee strikers are covered by easy-pull flaps
- Spandura construction on essentials pocket expands to control load
- Made of 500 and 1000 denier Cordura with weatherproof zippers
- Waistbelt accommodates Mystery Ranch and MOLLE/PALS attachment accessories
- Adjustable quick release haul loop for miscellaneous items
- Built-in shelter pocket rides in the lumbar
- Crew patches sewn free of charge
- Volume: 250 cu. in. (4.1L)
- Weight: 4.3 lbs (1.95kg)
- Frame System: Hotshot Frame
- Country Of Manufacture: USA
- Intended Use: Backcountry Fire, IA, Wildland Firefighting