Shelter Case and Hotshot Lid included. Reservoir sold separately.
Should the product or size you're looking for not be available to order online, please call us at 406.585.1428 for availability information and backorder options.
Simplified, Massive Brother of the HOTSHOT: TL for Top Load.
Our new HOTSHOT TL (Top Load) is the next generation of the trusted HOT TOP—the gas-station on your back, your pillow for that 0400 dirtnap, the brother that carries what gets you to the next shift safe, strong, and healthy. It's your home away from home, and built to last.
- Draw-cord shroud access to main compartment allows maximum volume, extreme overloads, and limited internal organization
- Beefed-up framing and structure distribute heavy loads through the hips and core, maintaining mobility and athleticism during operational work
- Low-riding lumbar design for efficiency during ground-level work, whether sawyer, swamper, or scraper
- Angled pack bottom combines with compression straps to eliminate shelter slap and chafe
- Standard pack sizing from XS-XXL—with unconventional sizing available—lets us fit all body types
- Fire-specific yoke, featuring patented Futura system, telescopically adjusts to any torso length and promotes ventilation
- HOTSHOT LID and HOTSHOT SHELTER CASE MOLLE included
- UL® Certified to NFPA 1977-2016
- Structured belt, compatible with MOLLE- or buckle-attach accessories, provides support for equipment
- Uretek® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Internal hydration sleeve designed around Hydrapak® 3.1L OHY reservoir; can also hold certain 5L reservoirs
- Retailored wing pockets’ low-cut front enables firefighter to reach fuel and water bottles while wearing pack
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- Redesigned lower lid-attach system secures two fuel bottles, giving a carry option where H2O contamination is a concern
- 8-10 fusees can be carried between two dedicated fusee sleeves (4-5 per side)
- Fusees fully zip away for rotor-wing crew shuttles
- HOTSHOT SHELTER CASE MOLLE can be set up ambidextrously for right- or left-hand pull
- HOTSHOT LID provides 300 cu/in of storage, featuring low profile admin pocket with pen slots
- Built primarily of custom spec’d 500d and 1000d Cordura® with Teflon® and PU coatings for weather-proofing and extreme longevity
- Double-layering and additional reinforcement in high-wear areas
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials to promote moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- External detail pocket gives easy access to small items like headlamps, flagging, and batteries
- Haul handle on upper yoke can also double as location for hanging fiber tape and flagging
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Optional SHELTER CASE HIP can be mounted on the belt for rapid fire shelter access
- Volume: 1400 cu-in (23 L) (Shelter Case and Open Wing Pockets not included in volume)
- Weight: 5.7 lbs (2.6 kg) (Shelter Case included in weight)
- Dimensions: 20"x12"x13" (51cm x 31cm x 33cm)
- Frame System: Hotshot Frame
- Country Of Manufacture: Philippines
- Intended Use: Hotshots
Frequenty Asked Questions
We're moving to a kitted system so that we can design and build packs and frames that are optimized for integration based on the function of the product. There are some cool new things in the works. In the meantime, we may be able to accommodate pack only orders based on available inventory - contact MR Customer Service or call 1.833.548.1999
As much as we would like to be able to offer our military/LE/ firefighter customers a discount on our packs, we have government contracts in these markets that prevent us from doing so.
MYSTERY RANCH accepts returns for a refund within 60 days of the original purchase date. Items must be returned in brand new, unused condition, and shipping charges are non-refundable. Please give us a call at 1.833.548.1999, and we can get you set up with a Return Authorization (RA#).
The only repair that we can offer on Dana Design products is a replacement back foam pad on packs with the ArcFlex body panel design. We can ship the foam to you and you can easily install it yourself without having to send the pack in to be repaired. Replacement back foam pads are $15.00 plus $5.00 for shipping. For any other Dana Design pack repairs, please contact Marmot or try the following reputable gear repair companies:
We are not set up to perform custom work on individual orders and no, we cannot build a pack for you in a custom color. If your concern is in regards to sizing please give us a call at 406.548.3234.
Also, please know that modifying your MYSTERY RANCH pack may void the lifetime warranty, so please think first before you start ripping straps off and cutting holes in your pack to make it more aerodynamic for winged flight.
First, start by washing your pack with hot water in the shower. Use a mild detergent like Dawn to get minor dirt and grime out of your pack. Dry the pack out of direct sunlight. DO NOT USE HARSH CHEMICALS TO CLEAN YOUR PACK. If you need to get odors/blood out of your hunting pack, please use Atsko Sport-Wash Laundry Detergent
For full cleaning and care instructions, see here
We always recommend that you size down for the waist belt. If you fall in-between sizes on the yoke, we recommend that you size up.
Why did you add a production facility in the Philippines and Vietnam?
MYSTERY RANCH added these facilities because of the increased demand for our product. We needed the additional facilities to build for customers who don't require (Berry Compliant) US production and / or don't want to pay a premium price for products built in the U.S.A. With these additional offshore facilities, we are able to focus our domestic facilities on the Berry Compliant orders.
How do I know if the pack I want is made in the US, PH, or VN?
It will be noted on the product page on our website and you are always welcome to call us and ask if you don't see the "US" or "world" icons that denote production location.
Is the quality of the packs the same?
Yes, absolutely! We carefully select the highest quality materials and ensure that all production facilities adopt our quality standards and techniques to deliver products consistent with the MYSTERY RANCH legacy. Our distributors who have received product from the US, PH, or VN are unable to tell the difference without looking at the label.
How do you ensure consistent quality?
Our factory resources use the protocol defined by our team in our production packages in order to deliver consistent quality gear. Upon introduction of new products, our product engineers visit our factory resources to work with them to develop new styles. As the product goes to production, our QA and QC teams will then visit our US, PH, and VN factories to ensure the finished goods meet our MYSTERY RANCH standards.