I've had this pack for a solid year, and after multiple Colorado 14er's, muddy Texas hog hunts, and a 50 mile, successful elk hunt, I think I can fairly evaluate this pack. Even though the guys at Mystery Ranch hinted that this might not be the best choice for a hunting pack because of its weight, I decided to go with it because for me, it hit a couple of real sweet spots. I've already had the 3 day assault pack for a few years and have come to like the tri-zip design and at 3000ci is even better. That coupled with the NICE frame and load hauling abilities had me sold and I don't regret it today. That 50 mile elk hunt was spread out over 5 days, and we got a bull the last day of the season. On the hook my pack weighed 131 lbs with the meat loaded and I packed that almost 8.5 miles to the truck on the last day. I find the pack very easy to use for regular hikes, and it easily transforms into a load hauler in the field. I've even had to haul my 3 year old daughter in it a few times. Other than a few blood stains and dirt from the trails, it looks like the day I received it. Mystery Ranch quality and construction is tops.
Our most advanced weapons carry backpack.
The Overload features our quick-access 3-Zip design and the ability to secure sniper and crew-served weapons or Pelican cases between the pack and frame without decreasing capacity for mission essentials or sustainment gear.
- 3-Zip design for quick access
- NICE Frame for comfort and stability under the heaviest loads
- PALS webbing accommodates MOLLE accessories
- Bolstered Ventilation and Stability (BVS) system increases stability of the pack over armor
- Overload feature allows for securing of a rifle between the frame and the bag
- Load-bearing slings for heavy equipment
- Water bottle pockets
- NSN#: Coyote 8465-01-610-5634
- Volume: 3000 cu-in (49 L)
- Weight: 8 lbs 4 oz (3.75 kg)
- Dimensions: 21"x11x6" (53x28x13cm)
- Frame System: NICE Frame
- Country Of Manufacture: USA
- Intended Use: Extended Missions, Weapons Carry