I still have my original 1996 Dana Designs Terraplane OK, handmade in Bozeman, Montana. It fits like a tailored suit and, thanks to the brilliant ArcFlex system, makes a 90lb load feel like 60lb. The 1000D fabric is pretty bomber, too. It's great to see that Mr. Dana Gleason is still working his magic. Yes, the pack is heavy but it's built to last and to withstand the harshest conditions. The heavy duty, nickel plated YKK zippers are still perfect. The original accessories, like the Wet Rib bottle holder/snack/camera pocket, the Beaver Tail, extra side pockets and the hooded pack fly are all still part of my current gear set today. For long, remote mountain trips, nothing beats a Terraplane.
Dana's most iconic expedition pack.
The Terraplane is Dana’s most recognizable expedition pack. Its legacy is easily identifiable in our classic designs and our most modern offerings for the military, hunters and fire crews. The core features and top-loading design have stayed true to the original, but with significant advancements in construction and materials, the latest generation Terraplane represents both our heritage and a new vision from Mystery Ranch.
- Classic top loading design for easy packing
- Vertical long pockets for external organization
- Speed Zip compartment for quick access to sleeping bag
- Side zip for easy access without unpacking
- Water bottle pockets
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Volume: 5000 cu-in (82 L)
- Weight: 7 lbs 7oz (3.37 kg)
- Dimensions: 28"x12"x9.5"
- Frame System: Mountain Frame
- Country Of Manufacture: USA
- Intended Use: Expeditions, Extended Backpacking, Hiking, Multi-Day Backpacking