MYSTERY RANCH Outdoor Ambassador
Father of two, Husband, Entrepreneur, and Professional Climber
"Since I was very young, I have always had a strong connection with nature, and what it brings out in me both physically and mentally. It’s what drives me."
I was in the Tetons of Wyoming at the age of sixteen when I tied in for the first time and discovered my passion for the sport of climbing. As things evolved, I started pursuing the sport in all mediums extensively through out the USA – from rock, ice, big walls to sport, and finally alpine climbing. This passion eventually earned my sponsorships and began my career in earnest traveling to the greater ranges of the world in pursuit of cutting-edge ascents in the mountains. I’ve made two trips to Nepal, one to Pakistan, 7 to Patagonia, one to Peru, and once to the Alps.
My hard-working ethics in climbing has also shone through in other aspects of my life. My partner and I are owners of Stronghold Fabrication, a small business that specializes in custom ironwork and artificial climbing boulder construction. Check out www.strongholdfabrication.comI juggle it all in Bozeman, Montana where I live with my wife Kimberly and our two children.
- First Ascent “Yellow Wolf’” 5.14 300m – Clarks Fork Canyon, WY 2017
- First Ascent “Gambling in the Winds” grade V, North Face Mt. Hooker 2015
- First Ascent “ Hook, Line, and Sinker” grade V, North Face of Mt. Hooker, WY 2014
- First enchainment of Winter Dance and the Big Sleep, Hyalite Canyon, MT Nov. 2013
- First, one-day free ascent of the Jaded Lady grade VI, Mt Hooker Wy. 2013
- First Ascent “Velvet Hammer” 5.12 300m – Clarks Fork Canyon, WY 2013
- Finals qualifier in the North American Mixed Climbing Championships 2013
- First person to climb all 7 major towers in the Fitz Roy group Patagonia 2012
- First Ascent “The Wave Effect” 5.12+ 1,900m Fitz Roy Massif, Patagonia 2011
- First Ascent “Virtual Reality” 5.13b/c 300m – Clarks Fork Canyon, WY 2011
- First Ascent “The Roman” M11 - Hyalite Canyon, MT 2011
- Third Place in the 2011 Ouray mixed climbing competition
- First Ascent “Directisimo” 5.13 300m – Clarks Fork Canyon, WY 2010
- Attempt on Latok 1 via the infamous North Ridge; Pakistan 2008
- First Free Ascent “Winter Dance” WI7 M8 – Hyalite Canyon, MT 2007
- First winter & second ascent overall “East Ridge” Tawoche elev. 6541m – Khumbu, Nepal 2007
- First free solo “Losar” a 700m ice climb WI5, in 4 hours - Khumbu, Nepal 2006
- Gallatin Valley Avalanch Center
- The Climbing Community
What Mystery Ranch Packs do you Run?
- Scarpa North America
- Big Sky Brewing Company
"Never know until you go."