The day hunting pack that transforms.
Good things may come in small packages, but great things have expansion capability. While hunters loved our legendary Crewcab, it wasn’t originally designed for hunting. Not a problem. The CABINET has all the great elements of the Crewcab – low profile, expandable OVERLOAD™ feature that optimizes weight placement and tubular pockets for organization. Yet, it’s also been streamlined for the hunting mission and re-engineered to mate with our ingenious Guide Light Frame™. This is the dayhunting pack you’ve been asking for.
- The Guide Light Frame™ is a rigid yet dynamic frame system that moves with you. With lightweight carbon fiber stays that flex with your body to comfortably carry heavy loads, it also features heavy-duty compression straps and load lifters to stabilize the load. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- A modified OVERLOAD™ feature that creates a load sling within the pack itself allowing you to place the load closest to the frame and secure and stabilize the load using compression straps and the tubular pockets.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily macro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- Panel loading pocket for full access to internal contents(kill kit, rain gear, knifes, food, stove)
- Flat front pocket for maps, internal mesh detail pocket for essentials
- Dedicated hydration pocket with toggle loop for any type of bladder to easy refill with a water filtration system
- Available in GORE™ OPTIFADE™ Subalpine pattern to seamlessly add another layer of superior gear to your system
- 500D CORDURA® (solids) / 610 HP CORDURA® (camo)
- YKK® zippers
- Durable TPU coated Nylon in abrasion-prone areas
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Desolve Bare-L||888564162125|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Desolve Bare-M||888564162132|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Desolve Bare-S||888564162149|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Desolve Bare-XL||888564162156|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Coyote-M||888564157114|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Coyote-S||888564157121|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Coyote-XL||888564157138|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Coyote-XS||888564157145|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Foliage-XL||888564157183|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Foliage-XS||888564157190|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Desolve Bare-XS||888564162163|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Foliage-L||888564157152|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Foliage-M||888564157169|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Foliage-S||888564157176|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Optifade Subalpine-XS||888564169360|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Optifade Subalpine-L||888564169322|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Optifade Subalpine-M||888564169339|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Optifade Subalpine-S||888564169346|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Optifade Subalpine-XL||888564169353|
|WS18 EX Cabinet-Coyote-L||888564157107|
The results are in Based on 8 Reviews
Mystery Ranch Pack + Kuiu Shoulder Straps and Waist Belt = Perfect Pack
Before I purchased this pack I was looking at Exo Mtn Gear, Kuiu and Kifaru. What Mystery Ranch has going for them is the all in one pack that transforms into a meat hauler. The Exo Mtn Gear is the closest to this but not as functional and a bit more expensive. The Kifaru and Kuiu are a great modular pack but both don't have the built-in functionality of both a pack and a meat hauler - you have to take the pack off the frame and attach the meat hauler... not practical. And with the Kifaru you're upwards of $1000!! The Kuiu, on the other hand, is the MOST comfortable pack with MUCH better waist belt and shoulder straps than the Mystery Ranch packs. The shoulder straps are much thicker and less of an aggressive "S" shape that doesn't cut into your collarbone like the Mystery Ranch, and the waist belt is a lot thicker and wider which helps keep the belt from digging into your hip on heavy loads.
First off I am amazed at the quality. This is my first Mystery Ranch pack and I am very impressed with the craftsmanship. The cabinet is versatile. So far I’ve done just day hunts but I look forward to a few over nighters. With some minimalist gear this can easily be accomplished. My one suggestion would be to come up with an easy way to add on a “brain” or top pack”.
Cabinet and Mule Packs
Finally, got the chance to use my new Cabinet and it was absolutely amazing. The way the pack holds a load, keeps it tight, and moves with you is amazing. I have had a number of other packs over the years and am glad I finally picked up a Mystery Ranch. My son used the Mule and we were both overwhelmed at how effective the new guide lite frame is. Thanks Mystery Ranch for a spectacular pack.
It won't disappoint!!
I bought this pack last summer and was able to try it out through several hundred ting seasons and I love this thing. It performed on a 7 day wilderness hunt for elk and a deer season. It is like a Cadillac on your back! I hauled a bull and mule deer with it and is hands down the best pack I have ever used!
Finally found it!!! I have been guiding for the past 14 years and tried so many packs. I wanted a small feel that didn't get in the way of a stalk. This pack (with a frame) does not get in the way. Being that is has the frame... it is amazing when you get something down. I packed out a lot of elk quarters last season with it. It is by far the most versital and comfortable pack I have worn. A few times I packed 2 quarters at once. For how small this thing is it is truly a work horse.