Mule Deer Foundation
"Local activation of conservation in our hunting community is a necessity, and we challenge you to find a way to get involved, even at the most basic level."
- Ryan Holm, Director of Marketing, MYSTERY RANCH
The Mule Deer Foundation (MDF) is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the conservation of mule deer and their habitat.
MDF is dedicated to the following goals:
- To restore, improve, and protect mule deer habitat resulting in self-sustaining, healthy, free-ranging deer populations
- To encourage and support responsible wildlife management with government agencies, private organizations, and landowners
- To promote public education and scientific research related to mule deer and wildlife management
- To support and encourage responsible and ethical behavior and awareness of issues among those whose actions affect mule deer
- To support regulated hunting as a viable component of mule deer and black-tailed deer conservation
- To develop programs that focus on recruitment and retention of youth into the shooting sports and conservation
As a MYSTERY RANCH customer, you know the value of quality wildlife habitat and open space. Unfortunately, urban sprawl has created a constant threat to the areas we all cherish, and the habitat mule deer require for survival. Critical fawning grounds, migration corridors, and winter range are shrinking each year. The MDF is working hard to improve these areas through permanent land protection efforts while creating new habitat through restoration projects and research. They are also dedicated to protecting public lands for everyone to access and enjoy. Join the fight to conserve the quality habitat mule deer need while protecting the open spaces we all can enjoy. Become a member today by visiting https://muledeer.org/get-involved/membership.
"MYSTERY RANCH has helped MDF achieve its Mission through the donation of merchandise to local MDF fundraisers and involvement with local MDF Chapters. THANKS to Mystery Ranch for your support of the MDF. Your contribution has made a difference!."
- Chad Klinkenborg, Montana Regional Director, Mule Deer Foundation