Minimalist fire pack for initial attack.
The HOT SPOT is built light and fast, designed specifically for the initial attack fire environment. Whether you're protecting neighborhoods in California's sprawling urban interface, supporting a burn on a massive campaign fire, or running a hoselay through big brush, the Hot Spot is your pack of choice.
- The Fire-specific yoke, featuring our patented Futura system, telescopically adjusts to any torso length and promotes ventilation. The full-length adjuster within the Futura system has a mounted aluminum stay, providing more rigidity. This internal frame consists of a single, vertical and two horizontal composit rods against an HDPE frame sheet. Together, these create a full-length, stiffened body panel that transfers the weight into the wings of the waist belt. The waist belt system, with patented features and construction methods, cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- Drop-Seat Load Sling feature supports the weight of hosepacks
- Fusee pocket holds 3 Fusees securely
- Fusee strikers are covered by easy-pull flaps
- Spandura construction on essentials pocket expands to control load
- Waist belt accommodates MYSTERY RANCH and MOLLE/PALS attachment accessories
- Adjustable quick release haul loop for miscellaneous items
- Built-in shelter pocket rides in the lumbar
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- Uretek® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
Made in the USA
The results are in Based on 6 Reviews
This pack is great for working around an engine and even better with the ability to expand it for long hikes with the addition of the 900. Originally I had fitment issues and the pack was still better that my old on but after an email and a phone call, Mystery Ranch had me properly fitted which made the pack that much better. I would recommend a Mystery Ranch pack for the comfort as well as their customer service.
Best Pack Ever!!!
I work for a municipal FD, and this pack is perfect. While in the city I take the "Hot Spot" off and keep it in my locker to save on the limited space we have on our engines. This pack is a great IA pack and is great for our short term local incidents.
When I go out of county, I attach the "Hot Spot" and have plenty of room for all my needs. A full line EMT compliment fits inside with enough room for a full lunch. You just have to be creative with how you pack all of this. I have had multiple other packs and none have the fit and quality that this pack offers! No matter whether you are cutting line, burning operation, hiking, structure protection, or punching in line this pack moves with you, not against you. This pack will not fatigue you like other packs out there.
Everyone who tries this pack on (in both configurations) is instantly jealous and says they want one!!!
Get one, you wont be disappointed!
A Career Saver!
As a Hard Headed Old Timer who still runs a hand crew, I have slowly realized that a heavy pack is not needed on every fire. There are those several small fires where the crew can cut line around it in a few hours. After back surgery, I had to start thinking about the long term. The goal was to make it to retirement without sacrificing working with a hand crew. So I thought I would try a pack for the small IA fires that are out on arrival but still need hand line cut around them.
If you add a hydro system to this pack, then you have everything you need: water, shelter, fusees for a small fire. Yes, I still wear the bigger pack if I can't see the entire perimeter but this has been a career saver for the small jobs.
Thanks again for another great product!
Two Weeks With Hot Spot
Exceeded my expectation in every way. I'll be working on an engine this season with U.S.F.S. C.G.F. and needed a convertible pack for IA. This pack handles weight like nothing i've ever used. This pack's ability to adjust to the user is brilliant and the build quality is top shelf. Another nice surprise was the way M R designed the small but pack around the fire shelter pouch. This little bit of extra space is very much appreciated. The only issue I have is the daisy chain stitching on the waist belt is not sown even. This prevents me from using my MOLLE style accessories. This is a bit of a bummer on a $500 pack. I'll be doing a detailed review on my Youtube channel Wranglerstar.com
The Mystery Ranch Hot Spot is ideal for working initial attack off of an engine. When used with the Hydro 2L, it provides the capacity to carry what I really need along with a hose pack. The “drop seat load sling” transfers the weight of a hose pack to my hips, instead or bearing the brunt of the weight on my shoulders. This makes carrying ANY hose pack much more comfortable and easier on my body. When I am on a single resource assignment, I drop in the Hot Crewbag for additional carrying capacity. The quality of the gear is amazing. I have been using mine for well over 5 years without a glitch. The comfort and fit is unequalled. Because of the design and adjustability of the gear, we have been able to get a comfortable fit for every member of my department so far. It is worth the money. This is likely the last fireline pack you will purchase.