A versatile backpack for light and fast adventures.
The RAVINE features our 3-ZIP access, loading and retrieving items from the pack is quick and easy. It has two long, vertical pockets for external organization. The Adventure Frame is lightweight and yet beefy enough to support larger loads. Removable, double-wrap, re-direct waist belt integrates directly with the frame for a dynamic, efficient carry.
- The Adventure Frame is a light yet robust system. The mainframe is comprised of two vertical composit rods, an upper horizontal composit bar, and an aluminum lumbar stay. The composit cross stay keeps the vertical rods properly aligned and allows them to pivot and flex for a dynamic, stable carry. There are two upper portions and one lower of an HDPE frame sheet for added structure. Through patented features and construction methods, the mainframe transfers the weight of the load into the wings which relay the weight and equalizes the contact around and into the belt. The waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight and eliminate slippage down over the hips.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily macro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- Featuring our classic 3-ZIP design for easy, rapid access to the interior.
- Features a removable, double-wrap, Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten.
- Two vertical “torpedo” pockets for external access
- Water bottle pockets keep hydration handy
- Zippered lid pocket for quick access items
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Adjustable ice axe loops for trekking poles or ice tools
- Double-layered bottom for long-haul durability
- 210 Robic honeycomb/420 Robic nylon fabrics
- YKK® zippers
|WS18 EX Ravine-Nightfall-XL||888564155813|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Nightfall-XS||888564155776|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Charcoal-XS||888564163184|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Nightfall-L||888564155806|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Nightfall-M||888564155790|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Nightfall-S||888564155783|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Charcoal-L||888564163146|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Charcoal-M||888564163153|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Charcoal-S||888564163160|
|WS18 EX Ravine-Charcoal-XL||888564163177|
The results are in Based on 4 Reviews
My favorite Pack!
The Ravine has become my new favorite pack! I can fit all of my gear for a three night fishing trip plus some! My fishing set-up base weight is typically 30 lbs (without fishing gear is 20-22 lbs). I easily pack my 20 degree sleeping bag, sea-to-summit pillow, NeoAir sleeping pad, north face flint 2 tent (2 person), cook set, a two person inflatable raft, pump, oars, as well as my fly rod and reel plus some clothes. Not to mention my toiletries and water purification system, a lighter, a headlamp, plus food. Believe me, even with all of this junk, the two front torpedo pockets remain empty! The pack feels very stable once adjusted. This pack is going to last a really long time! It's a great investment.
To not rehash all the excellent points of previous posts I will say excellent bag over all with a few weak points.
1. The Bungie tie on the sides has worn through on both sides with only two weekend uses. The pack was not even close to full and it spent 95% if it’s time on open trails not being abused.
2. The top side cinch cord needs a wider off set as it is it might as well be a single cord like the lower strap cinch.
That’s all I got, overall 9.5 of 10.
Like a Dream
Been backpacking since the '70s and have owned just about every pack out there. The internal frame revolution brought discomfort and awkwardness, but we embraced it because it was "better". I've been through several internal frame packs over the years and hated them all. They either dig into my boney hips and cut off circulation to my legs or they make my shoulders hurt. And they are never convenient to pack.
Along comes Mystery Ranch and I've found the ultimate pack. The harness system distributes weight properly and is easy to adjust for a precise fit. No circulation cutoff, no shoulder pain, just right. And they're bombproof and easy to pack. The revolutionary center zip is truly useful.
I liked my Sphynx so well that I went out and bought a Scree and a Ravine. Done - just refreshed my packs and put all my others on the auction block. My only sadness is that I really can't justify buying any more packs by Mystery Ranch.
I just picked this pack up at a local outfitter. I've been hiking and backpacking for years. This is the fourth pack that I've owned. It distributes weight extremely well compared to my other packs. I've only used this pack for one overnight so far, a 16 mile total hike. The pack performed very well.
*Rugged construction and materials, feels very high quality
*Padded hip belt and shoulder straps are very comfortable
*Pack organization and design are very simple and effective
*Very customizable fit and adjustments
*Large hip belt pockets that are actually useful
*Ease of access via three zipper system
*Not ultralight, on the heavier side
Conclusion: If you're looking for a well designed, bomber pack, and care more for comfort and performance than weight, this is the pack for you.