T100

T100 is rated 4.8 out of 5 by 26.
  • y_2024, m_3, d_16, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_26
  • loc_en_US, sid_330582, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_mysteryranch
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 61ms
  • REVIEWS, PRODUCT
SKU: T100
Black
$499.00

Item is out of stock

The chaos in the supply chain worldwide won't allow us visibility into when this item will be available. Sign up to be notified and you'll be the first to know when it re-stocks.

Our largest expedition backpack for your biggest adventures

The T-100 is our most gargantuan, expedition backpack. While its legacy lines are identifiable, it incorporates our latest fabrications and design updates. The core features and top-loading design stay true to its Terraplane little brother, yet you’ll find significant advancements in construction and materials – it incorporates our latest material suite, new Astral Frame, five-point lumbar belt system, and fit and sizing. The T-100 represents both our heritage – in a plus size – as well as our latest, Load Carriage™ vision.

• The Astral Frame is a robust frame that supports large loads. The mainframe is comprised of four vertical, composite stays, dense foam for flexibility and for torsional rigidity. Through patented features and construction methods, the mainframe transfers the weight of the load into the wings which relay the weight and equalizes the contact around and into the belt. The waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight and eliminate slippage down over the hips.
  • The patented Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
  • Top-loading design for easy/secure packing
  • Convertible Daypack Lid feature
  • Side zip for easy access to main bag without unpacking
  • Two, exterior vertical long pockets
  • Speedzip™ compartment for easy access to sleeping bag
  • Water bottle pockets
  • Tool carry attachment between back, vertical torpedo pockets
  • Cross compression with buckle release for accessing side zips
  • Hydration reservoir compatible
  • Five-point lumbar belt system
  • Built on the NEW Astral Frame
  • 500D Lite Plus CORDURA® fabric
  • YKK® zippers
NameUPC Code
T100-Black-S888564177921
T100-Black-M888564177488
T100-Black-L888564176979
T100-Black-XL888564178447
CAGE Code:3HXV1
DUNS Number:059122783
Weight
7.4 lb
Volume
6100 cu-ins
Dimensions
40"x19"x17"
Frame System
Astral Frame
Harnessing Style
Framed
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great upgrade from a Dana TerraplaneMy several decade old Dana Terraplane finally wore out. This has the same quality constructions with some nice improvements. It is a heavy pack make for carrying loads. I like the new frame and sizing: easier to adjust and more comfortable. I was going to buy a used Dana for less than half the price, but I'm glad I splurged and got this. I am between sizes in the old sizing system but in the middle with the new system. The additional room room means I can carry more on long trips and keep my wife's pack lighter (always best if she is faster than me).
Date published: 2019-07-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Incredible Monster PackTook this out on its maiden voyage for some backcountry social distancing and WOW-I went ambitious and packed a glamping supply of toys to make my private get away extra cush...and this pack succeeded with flying colors! Guessing I had close to 100 pounds of gear on my back and once strapped in it handled like a feather weight. Highly recommend for anyone looking to load it on or go extended. I can tell this will be my steady reliable for many years to come. Thanks Mystery Ranch!
Date published: 2020-04-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by from A tradition continues...The best pack out there...period. I've owned a Dana Terraplane Overkill since 1995. I've replaced the padding on it, but other than that all of the material and zippers function great. I was looking for something with an updated suspension but same layout. I did a search for Dana Gleason and found Mystery Ranch. Yes, this pack is heavier than comparable Arcteryx, Deuter, etc., but this pack will not fail me and better yet, I don't have to worry about being delicate with it when I'm busting through rodos! I've owned several lightweight backpacks from other companies and they are great for loads under 30 pounds. I need a pack that can haul 60 lbs with easy. This pack is it. This is a great throwback to my overkill, with newer materials (slightly lighter), an adjustable yoke, newer padded hips/shoulders, but same pocket design on the back. Love this thing! I look forward to using the pack for 24 more years!
Date published: 2019-09-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by from I love mine, just wish it was upgradable...I bought my pack a few years ago and at first it didn't get much use. However, recently I moved to Norway where I use it almost everyday and I love it. I need to get my wife the women's version so I came back to the website to take a look and found that they updated the top bag. The older version isn't as great as the new one looks to be, and I wish I could buy an adapter kit to change to the new top part of the bag.That said, I love this brand, love this pack, and I'm looking forward to getting my wife's pack soon.
Date published: 2019-06-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Impossible to killI have the Arcflex Astralplane (a mouthful, but google it, the reviews are uniform in that it's the best big pack ever made), which I think is the same as the T-100 above. I got mine in 1990 or something. It has been on every continent save Antarctica, up the AT, the PCT, winter camping, summer camping, etc. I lived out of it in Argentina for a year, and Costa Rica for 2 years, plus 3 other countries where I spent a number of months. Put it this way, I was a sophomore in college when I got it, I'm now 45 years old, and the thing might as well be brand-new, other than being faded and dirty. Nothing's ripped, nothing's broken. It's ridiculous how well built and designed it is; and it looks like other than a few tweaks it's the same pack all these decades later. Unreal! One thing to note is that this thing is NOT a lightweight pack, but that's because you can load it up with up to a hundred pounds and it won't complain at all, and it'll feel like half that on your body. The suspension system is so good. I tend to do lighter weights now, and don't travel as much with it anymore unless I'm on a dedicated trekking trip (hello, 4-wheel spinner bags!), but I can't imagine ever needing a new expedition pack, other than fantasizing about somehow attaching an ArcTeryx pivoting hip belt onto this. (Blasphemy?) In any case, if you're on this page and wondering if it's worth it, take it from me: BUY IT
Date published: 2016-08-14
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Mixed FeelingsI bought this pack to replace an Osprey Xenith 105. For context, I fitness backpack 5-6x per week for at least 5mi/day with a 55lb ruck; I get a backpacking/camping trip in a few times a year in a National Park; and I've owned & used this ruck for about 2 months. Pros:- this pack's sternum strap is WORLD's better than Osprey - it stays put wherever you put it and there seems to be little chance of catastrophic failure (unlike Osprey, the primary reason I ditched my Osprey pack after years of unreliable service)- the material is truly bomb-proof and exemplary of Mystery Ranch's military heritage- the waist strap is NICE and COMFORTABLE!- space on the pack is plentiful, well organized, and super useful!Cons:- not sure if it's the shoulder strap material and/or the shoulder strap friction locks - but the shoulder straps loosen up constantly... at least several times over the course of a mile... not a deal breaker, but this pack's comfort is definitely dependent on the security/stability of fit - once it gets loose, it does rub quite a bit on the back- shoulder strap padding isn't bad, but could be much better - it's a bit flimsy (as compared to my Osprey) and it doesn't disperse the weight as much as it should- there are no hydration loops on the shoulder straps - something that's not only useful for routing a hydration tube - but also a great attachment point for other gear (in my opinion)Although I'd like to have a few improvements in this pack, not worrying about a sternum strap blowout is making me happy for the time being! If the above should strap "cons" were addressed, this pack would be 5+ stars, IMO.
Date published: 2021-03-31
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Almost greatnessBy far the most comfortable of my packs, and holds a ton. For me as an amateur landscape photog the long exterior pockets are great for carrying lenses -- I don't have to worry about them getting beaten up by my other gear.About the only thing this pack is missing is a dedicated pocket on the inside for a water-bladder. The hole fits a drinking tube fine, but it's easy for the tube to get disconnected given that my 3L water carrier can move around in there, and then it's a pain in the tuchas to stop and get everything sorted out (and hope nothing got wet).
Date published: 2021-08-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great PackMystery Ranch T-100 Pro’s and Con’s First, let me say that this is one great comfortable well built pack. The way this thing rides on my back is like no other. (I own a Kelty Red Cloud, Osprey Atmos and a couple smaller packs) The craftsmanship of this pack is way above the others and carry’s loads of 40 – 60 lbs very easily. It will carry more but that’s all I have put in it so far. Now, for a few minor con’s but important ones to me anyway. This pack does not have the little clip attachment inside the lid for attaching a small wallet and or keys. To me this is a very necessary little piece of the equipment. I hate carrying keys and wallet in my pockets. I love and have come to depend on this little piece in my other packs for always knowing where my keys, ID and some cash are. Now with the T-100 I fear having to fish around for where I put these items or worse, them falling out unknowingly on the trail somewhere when I opened the lid for a compass, map, wipe or other little items I tend to keep in the lid close at hand. Next is the hydration issue. I found the two slots on either side at the top to run the hose out but there is no pocket on the inside of the bag to insert a hydration bag next to the frame side. This pack is so massive; the hydration bag gets mashed in with all the other gear and if hiking long distances before unloading the pack, make it difficult to remove the hydration bladder to refill. Plus, it slides to the very bottom of the pack and puts a strain on the hose. The Hydration bag is supposed to go in one of the lid compartments and feed the hose from there. I don’t like this as it takes up lid space I use for other items. Last is the lack of those small pockets in the belt that I use to keep a small camera, some bug spray, sunscreen or sometimes a few meds that make it super easy to get to on the trail while walking. These may seem minor and I guess they are but Dana and crew could have added these (at least the 1st 2) with little to no extra cost and weight to the pack. I really love this pack and can see it lasting longer than I can continue hiking and camping. Just wish the few little details mentioned above would have been added. Especially the little clip for the wallet and keys… Rick
Date published: 2016-10-06
  • y_2024, m_3, d_16, h_10
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_3.0.38
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_26
  • loc_en_US, sid_330582, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=RELEVANCE, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_mysteryranch
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
  • REVIEWS, PRODUCT