Our Original Fire Pack, Evolved.
Over a long season on a Hotshot crew, engine, or helicopter, your fire pack becomes the one thing you can truly call your own. That’s why we redesigned our flagship HOT 3—adding key tailoring touches, features that improve both comfort and function, and improved framing—because every cubic inch of a fire pack is gold to the firefighter wearing it.
- Framing, structure, support, durability, and adjustability are what set our load bearing Hotshot packs apart from the field of industry-standard web gear. But framing for the Fireline is an art of walking a line that lets the wearer maintain agility and mobility while carrying 50+ lbs. for days on end.
- Like Voltron, multiple elements combine and work in concert to form a system greater than the sum of its parts. The Fire-specific yoke features our patented Futura adjustment system that telescopically adjusts to any user’s torso length, and houses a framesheet/adjuster whose aircraft-grade 7075 Aluminum stay is pre-curved to match the contour of the upper back. In the body of the bag, HDPE plastic backed by a vertically mounted fiberglass rod form the foundation of the framing, bridging between the yoke and the structure of the Fire belt. A patented lumbar system ties into the structured wings of the belt, completing load transfer through the body to anchor in the hips and core.
- Zip-access main compartment allows versatility, visibility for organization, and additional internal pocketry
- CAL FIRE SPEC Model Includes HYDRAPAK® 3.1L OHY Hydration Reservoir included (CAL FIRE Spec 1728 required), featuring all-black bite valve hardware, dust cover, and insulated hose
- Low-riding lumbar design for efficiency during ground-level work, whether sawyer, swamper, or scraper
- Angled pack bottom combines with compression straps to eliminate shelter slap and chafe
- Structured belt, compatible with MOLLE- or buckle-attach accessories, provides support for equipment
- Spandura panel stretches to accept overloads while also providing compression
- Internal hydration sleeve designed around Hydrapak® 3.1L OHY reservoir; can also hold certain 5L reservoirs
- Two additional sleeves and a zippered detail pocket help with internal organization
- Retailored wing pockets’ low-cut front enables firefighter to reach fuel and water bottles while wearing pack
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- Redesigned lower lid-attach system secures two fuel bottles, giving a carry option where H2O contamination is a concern
- Fusees fully zip away for rotor-wing crew shuttles
- Double-layering and additional reinforcement in high-wear areas
- External detail pocket gives easy access to small items like headlamps, flagging, and batteries
- Haul handle on upper yoke can also double as location for hanging fiber tape and flagging
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- HOTSHOT LID and HOTSHOT SHELTER CASE MOLLE included
- HOTSHOT SHELTER CASE MOLLE can be set up ambidextrously for right- or left-hand pull
- HOTSHOT LID provides 300 cu-in of storage, featuring low profile admin pocket with pen slots
- Can be run without HOTSHOT LID for reduced form factor
- Optional SHELTER CASE HIP can be mounted on the belt for rapid fire shelter access
- Standard pack sizing from XS-XXL—with unconventional sizing available—lets us fit all body types
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- Uretek® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware
- Nylon 6,6 webbing
- Varying density foams provide structure and padding
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- Fiberglass Stays
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- CAL FIRE PPE Working Group approved to CAL FIRE Spec 1728 (CAL FIRE SPEC Model)
- UL® Certified to NFPA 1977-2016
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-XS-Base||888564159545|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-XL-Cal||888564159354|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-XXL-Base||888564159552|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-XXL-Cal||888564159378|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-M-Cal||888564159330|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-L-Base||888564159507|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-L-Cal||888564159323|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-XL-Base||888564159538|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-XS-Cal||888564159361|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-S-Base||888564159521|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-S-Cal||888564159347|
|EX Hotshot Kit-Black-M-Base||888564159514|
The results are in Based on 2 Reviews
Best quality pack on the market hands down.
The best pack available on the market. Don't look at other ones (unless Mystery Ranch) because they will eventually let you down. This pack has multi purpose applications all over it. If something has a purpose= it has another. Easy to use large zippers controlling pockets, material that's bullet proof, and all that weight on your core, not shoulders, is amazing. It takes some adjustments, but when you get it figured out it's your home away from home. The large side pockets for fuel, water etc. Is amazing. I lost too much weight this season and had to get a smaller lap belt and contacted mystery ranch. A actuall human being immediately answered the phone and helped me with ordering another one pronto. Best customer service I have ever seen. If you are questiong this because of price= it pays for itself self. Thank you Mystery Ranch for making this pack and continue being awesome.
Best pack ever.
The most comfortable pack made for the job. I wouldn't go with anything else. Well worth the money. The people at Mystery Ranch are great to deal with to that's a plus in my book.