Our most advanced weapons carry backpack.
The OVERLOAD features our quick-access 3-ZIP design and the ability to secure sniper and crew-served weapons or Pelican cases between the pack and frame without decreasing capacity for mission essentials or sustainment gear.
- The NICE Frame is a rigid yet dynamic system that moves with you. The frame consists of three vertical and three horizontal carbon fiber stays and a full fabric panel between the stays that absorbs shock and increases the flexibility of the frame. This patented construction allows the frame to flex with your body, resulting in top-down load transfer to comfortably carry heavy loads. The Futura Yoke easily macro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- OVERLOAD™ feature provides functional expandability via a load sling between the pack and the frame, allowing you to put the bulk of the weight closest to your back for optimal comfort. This feature allows for securing a rifle or mortar between the frame and the bag with color coordinated buckles on weapon compression strap. And the grippy, high-abrasion Hypalon fabric on the OVERLOAD™ stabilizes load.
- The BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor.
- Featuring our classic 3-ZIP design for easy, rapid access to the interior.
- Two internal sleeves each accommodate water bladders up to 3L
- MOLLE on interior body panel for attaching accessories
- Port at top of body panel opens from either side for antennae, cables, and/or hydration
- Two zippered pockets on lid for keeping small items accessible
- VELCRO® on lid for identification and patches
- MOLLE webbing on waist belt and exterior for attaching accessories
- Side water bottle pockets
- 2" waist belt
- Built of custom spec’d 500D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- YKK® zippers
Made in the USA
The results are in Based on 2 Reviews
A friend in the marines recommended this pack company as the best you could get. Once I looked at the price I was shocked and almost didn't get it. After getting it I was blown away by how well this pack is designed and made. I didn't know you could make a pack this well! I tested it out by dragging 3 rifles and a pelican case full of 30lbs of ammo to the range and it felt amazing. The NICE frame transfers 100 percent of the load down into your legs so your shoulders and back don't feel a thing. It doesn't crush and collapse under heavy weight either. I was so impressed I decided to ignore the heavy weight of the pack and use it for hiking. I was skeptical using a 9 lb pack to carry 30 lbs of gear for a weeklong hiking trip, but I couldn't believe how amazing it felt. 40 lbs in a nice Arcteryx hiking pack feels like 20 lbs in this Overload (or any other NICE frame pack). It's just that comfortable. And I didn't feel like I had to baby it or tiptoe around for a place to put my pack. I beat the mess out of it and it still looks new.
I took this pack for a weeklong trip and my wife got horribly sick, and was getting very very dehydrated after the next two water sources were dry on the trail. She was carrying a Big Sky pack with about 24lbs in it which I strapped to my front. My Overload pack had about 35lbs in it, and I strapped her (110lbs) into the load shelf and carried her for about 3 miles over rocky mountain terrain. My shoulders and back didn't hurt at all, and it was stable enough that I didn't fall as long as I used my hiking poles. It really saved her. I will only buy mystery ranch packs for the rest of my life.
Overload as a hunting pack
I have been using the Overload as a hunting pack for the 2016 archery season. I decided to run this instead of my Crew Cab this year to increase the internal volume of my pack, to more easily carry my spotter/tripod using the side compression straps and water bottle pockets, and to allow me to strap my bow to the back using the compression straps. The bag works great either full or compressed flat, and the tri-zip design allows easy organization and access to gear. I much prefer it to the standard lid/snowcollar design. The bag is also very water resistant and has kept my gear dry through an extended period of soaking rain.
I was fortunate enough to kill an elk and was therefor able to put the overload shelf to the test. Converting to overload mode was quick and simple, and the black buckled straps held quarters tight to the hypalon panel, which also prevented blood soaking through to the inner bag. Compressing the bag around the quarters using the bag and compression straps further secured the load. The pack and shelf easily handled a bone-in elk hindquarter, straps, and loins in one load. I feel I could have done more weight (1 hind and 1 front quarter) but there was no need because I had a friend to help pack. I used the top straps which I attached to the top of the lift kit were great for attaching the skull and horns to the top of the pack. One critique is that these could be a bit longer so the could be wrapped around objects (antlers) to further secure them to the top of the pack.
No pack will make a 100-plus pound load feel light, but the NICE frame supported the load well and rode very comfortably considering the weight. There was no slop with meat and all buckles and straps held tight throughout the duration of the pack out.
I know this is a military pack, but I have used top-end packs from many manufacturers and this pack and frame combo is simply top-of-the-line for heavy hunting purposes. Quality and craftsmanship are unparalleled. I would recommend it to anyone for those purposes.