A svelte ski pack to carry your avy essentials.
This is the primo “Ridge” pack for carrying your avy kit plus extra goggles or a puffy layer. Unlike most girthy packs that tend to nudge you off the chairlift, our D-ROUTE features a slender profile that doesn’t crowd you (and your butt). A stowable web loop accommodates the widest skis for a stable, diagonal carry. The compression molded back panel and stretch woven yoke repels snow keeping you dryer and warmer.
- Stout/stowable ski loop for stable diagonal ski carry
- Top-loading main compartment with shroud keeps spindrift out
- Simple lid accessory pocket for storing goggles, snacks or other small items
- Compression-molded back panel and bonded stretch woven yoke repel snow
- Webbing waist belt for minimalist support
- Additional side zipper to main bag allows easy, on-the-fly access when skis are attached
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Fixed harnessing
- 330D CORDURA® lite Plus fabric for lightweight durability
- Beefy 500D nylon, PU coated fabric on pack face to deflect sharp ski edges
- YKK® zippers
|WF17 EX D Route : WF17 EX D Route-Nightfall||888564165560|
|WF17 EX D Route : WF17 EX D Route-Black Emboss||888564165553|
The results are in Based on 1 Review
Great Pack, Great Value
I received the D-Route as a Christmas gift and have used it extensively since up at Bridger Bowl and on side country missions. The D-Route is low profile, comfortable and the perfect pack for essentials.
The volume is just big enough for avy gear, skins, a couple snacks and for shedding layers before hikes/skins. I was actually pretty surprised with how much I could get in there. The "brain" compartment is generous enough for snacks, sunglasses and other smaller essentials that you need quick access to. I really like the smaller profile as it makes me more considerate as to what I bring and keeps the pack light.
My one gripe is the chest strap. I experienced mine always wanting to come off the webbing on the shoulder straps. The way that they attach left them vulnerable to bunching the webbing below and coming off when I had my skis on the pack due to the pack swaying a bit. My solution was to move the chest strap to webbing higher up. The webbing still gets bunched a bit but the higher mount has eliminated the threat of them coming off like they had before.
Overall, I really enjoy my new D-Route pack. It's the typical MR high quality design and function. I would definitely recommend!