SKU: Jump Komodo
The JUMP KOMODO is built for extended time in the field and is constructed so it carries weight just like its non jump counterparts, with only a 4 oz weight penalty.
Our mid-sized assault pack for extended missions made jumpable.
The MYSTERY RANCH Jump Pack line was developed several years ago working closely with the MFF community. PALS webbing on exterior accommodates MOLLE accessories and inside, it has a PALS webbing panel for radio mounts plus detail pockets and hydration sleeves. The waist belt stows away when not in use. MYSTERY RANCH has always focused on making packs that carry well first and foremost, then balance between lightweight and durability relative to the end users’ needs.
- Designed for the sharpest tip of the spear, MYSTERY RANCH Jump Packs are genuinely mission focused. Every construction method and detail focuses on quick rigging, safe flight, and fast movement off the X.
- Type 7 webbing on all jump connections
- Tex 138 thread reinforcing all critical areas for higher break strength
- Reinforced tie-in loops
- Lowering line attachment points
- D-rings for securing the toggle zippers
- Designed to be used with approved, after-market attachment straps*
*not included with pack
- The BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor and can be easily removed.
- Featuring our classic 3-ZIP design for easy, rapid access to the interior.
- VELCRO® on lid for identification and patches
- Classic 3-ZIP design for easy, rapid access to the interior
- Toggles and D rings lock the zipper sliders and prevent unintended opening
- PALS webbing on exterior and interior accommodates MOLLE accessories
- Front and side compression straps
- Autolock buckles prevent slippage
- Two zippered pockets on lid
- Fully adjustable Futura yoke telescopes to fit any torso length
- Urethane coated zipper port at top of body panel opens from either side for antennae, cables, and/or hydration
- Internal sleeves and ports integrate up to three hydration reservoirs
- Internal HDPE frame sheet that provides rigidity
- BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor and can be easily removed
- Side water bottle, tripod or rifle butt pockets
- Waist belt stows away when not in use
- Built of custom spec’d 500D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- Reinforced 1000D CORDURA® fabric in critical areas
- Water-repellent, IR Compliant YKK® zippers
Made in the USA
Rated 4 out of 5 by Brent from Very well built and thought out three day packThere is a lot about this pack that I like and only a couple of complaints I have.First the good points:1. Volume for the pack is quite good for what I would need to make do for a couple of days.2. The MOLLE attachment points on the upper sides are optimally placed for 2qt canteens, which is what I use them for. Sustainment pouches could fit there handily as well without issue.3. The pack carries well with or without a plate carrier. I was apprehensive about the 'stabilizers' without a plate carrier, but haven't had any issue with daily wear. I haven't put crazy mileage in with the pack yet - so there may be a different story later, but to date they haven't bothered me at all.4. Load lifer straps on a three day pack might be considered overkill, but I sure appreciate being able to snug the pack up to my back.5. The 'detail' pockets on the inside are nice and have a pass through behind them. The pockets fit a roll of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and a fire stick handily. I've got a ton of hand/body warmers in the other one. The pass through behind the pocket permits carrying my axe and still be able to zip the pack shut. I can fit my SBS on the other side with only the stock and grip protruding (had to pull the flashlight off to do so). (See pics)6. Internal MOLLE allows me to carry my insulated bladder carrier nicely. There's a pass through behind that as well.7. Pockets on the flap are conveniently sized for smaller items. I have a super light raincoat and gloves in the very top and some random stuff in the pocket immediately underneath. Both pockets have a mesh base, so water won't linger in them.8. Mesh pockets combined with well though out drainage mean water won't linger in your pack.9. The side pockets that secure the waist straps are non-noticeable and effective. I haven't done so yet, but believe a pack cover can fit in one of them handily without issue.10. No concerns with the tri-zip system, actually grown quite fond of it.11. Fits well over my armor carrier and with my gun belt on.Room for improvement:1. Placement of the MOLLE on the back of the pack overlaps with one of the synch straps. That is not good if you want to attach MOLLE pouches and NOT have your synch straps smash them. The solution I use is to weave a sufficient gap for me to get at the buckle under the pouches... which would not be good with cold, poorly functioning fingers and a fully loaded pack that may require some muscle to compress. (See pics) My proposed remedy would be to move the MOLLE array a couple inches lower to allow use of pouches AND compression straps.2. Some of the straps come with strap 'keepers' (the little Velcro strips that allow you to roll up excess strapping and secure it), some do not. I thought that might have been an omission and it's not. The keepers are available for purchase from them. Come on guys. It's an expensive pack to purchase... the least you can do is ensure your buyers can wrap up their loose strapping. Personally, I can work a sewing machine and will build my own. Once again... I shouldn't need to purchase what should be standard in a pack that costs this much.Overall, a keeper. I'm getting older... so I don't know if I'll be going back to war again before I retire. If I do, I'll take this pack with me.
Date published: 2020-02-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by ARODdGrunt from Overall great bagPurchased this bag pretty recently to be my everyday use while deployed and once I go back home. I've truly enjoed it a lot so far. It's take lots of beatings, long ruckmarches in the blazing heat and so much more to go. The one thing I do wished it had it a the "NICE frame" It would've made this bag a heck of a lot better then what it already is, I wuld've also would liked if it had a "Laptop" type of pocket inside. But overall very satisfied. My entire team is jealous that I have one and they don't. Maybe yah can send them one or two.
Date published: 2020-05-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michael from Excellent BagGreat size for 2-3 days of gear. Waist belt tucks away cleanly in unobtrusive pocket. The shoulder straps do start to pill after being worn with OCPs. Have carried broken down M4 comfortably.
Date published: 2021-08-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bobby98 from Great bag for EOD workThe bag works great to hold demo materials and all sorts of gear. It works well in all environments and is easily accessible when you need to pull gear out of it.
Date published: 2021-07-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by JYoung from Well builtThis pack is very well built and robust, been using it daily for any gear i need for work. The pack is very comfortable with what weight i have had in it, so far only 45lbs. While the pack is not cheap by any means, was still worth the price, looking forward to using it more in the field.
Date published: 2022-04-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Menzies117 from Wow!I have gone through many rucks in my time and this one by far is the highest quality I have ever had the privilege of getting muddy.
Date published: 2019-09-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Crispy from Komodo JumpI bought this pack a few weeks ago and it’s one of the best backpacks I have ever owned. It’s great for either hiking in the woods or being a three day pack. It’s comfortable on your shoulders even if you weigh it down with extra gear on the outside of the pack. I would recommend this pack and Mystery Ranch products to anyone that enjoys the outdoors.
Date published: 2022-05-22