A streamlined, bowhunting pack for overnight hunts.
We all know those hunters who obsess on minimalism -- a drilled out toothbrush with no handle, a 2 lb sleeping bag, a catfood can stove. And then we face a series of brutal uphills and get a little jealous. Join the light side with the PINTLER. It's a pared-down, narrow, weekend pack that carries several days worth of essentials, while maintaining the secret weapon of the OVERLOAD™ feature for the packout. It's built onto our Guide Light Frame™, so get comfortable with your ultralight self.
- The Guide Light Frame™ is a rigid yet dynamic frame system that moves with you. With lightweight carbon fiber stays that flex with your body to comfortably carry heavy loads, it also features heavy-duty compression straps and load lifters to stabilize the load. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- OVERLOAD™ feature provides functional expandability via a load sling between the pack and the frame, allowing you to put the bulk of the weight closest to your back for optimal comfort.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily macro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- 3-ZIP design for rapid and complete access to gear
- Bow and rifle carry via compression straps
- Side stretch-woven pockets for tripod feet or bottles
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Four internal pockets for organization
- Available in GORE™ OPTIFADE™ Subalpine pattern to seamlessly add another layer of superior gear to your system
- 500D CORDURA® fabric and YKK® zippers
- OVERLOAD™ feature
- Durable TPU coated Nylon in abrasion-prone areas
|WS19 Pintler-Optifade Subalpine-M||888564170731|
|WS19 Pintler-Optifade Subalpine-S||888564170748|
|WS19 Pintler-Optifade Subalpine-XL||888564170755|
|WS19 Pintler-Desolve Bare-L||888564162989|
|WS19 Pintler-Optifade Subalpine-XS||888564170762|
|WS19 Pintler-Desolve Bare-M||888564162996|
|WS19 Pintler-Optifade Subalpine-L||888564170724|
|WS19 Pintler-Desolve Bare-S||888564163009|
|WS19 Pintler-Desolve Bare-XL||888564163016|
|WS19 Pintler-Desolve Bare-XS||888564163023|
The results are in Based on 11 Reviews
24 hour pack out
Very impressive pack. First use for this pack was a week long Elk hunt, in which we were successful. The pack out was mega, 24 hours to be accurate.
The Pintler handled the task like a boss. My final load had over 100lbs of meat, plus my hunting gear. I couldn't believe how sturdy that pack holds weight. Not to mention the fact that you don't have to stuff your game bags inside your pack with the rest of your gear.
One of the guys in our crew had frame pack which ended up buckling and breaking under the weight. The other three of us in the group had Mystery Ranch packs and no one had an issue, except sore feet.
The pack has a great pocket configuration and zipper system. Everyone who has picked mine up wants one.
You won't be disappointed
Excellent pack. As a mountain guide and alpine climber, I am very particular about how my backpacks carry, how streamlined they are for heavy activity and performance. Last week I shot a 4x4 bull elk and packed out using my new Pintler and couldn't be more happy with the balance (even with an awkward load including bivy gear, meat AND head/antlers), and function of every feature without having too many bells and whistles. Simplicity and function are key! There is plenty of room for a few days worth of food, solo tent, etc.
I'm 5'10" and 155lbs and the Medium fits perfectly with plenty of room for layering up.
Nice work, Mystery Ranch!
One Pintler to rule them all...
The Pintler is an absolute stud of a pack. I was torn between this pack & Metcalf. The Pintler won. The weight is exceptional for what you’re getting. Internal storage is A+. I’m running 2-SO Possibilities 4L sacs for organization in the Pintler it’s super clean & light. It’s a perfect daypack for early to late season w/ample room to spare. My main hold up was taking it for backcountry hunts that it would not have enough room. The first weekend of archery elk in MT cemented the Pintler as the right choice. I threw my camp (tent, sleeping bag and pad, cook kit) in a 35L dry bag and used the load shelf to haul it to spike camp. I was able to drop of camp and keep the main bag set up for lightweight hunting during day use. It worked flawless, being the best of both worlds. There’s no doubt this pack will handle the abuse of the backcountry. It’s truly just as comfortable to carry loaded down with camp as for day use and leaves me with little doubt with its integrity loaded with game.
From borrowing to owning!
I borrowed a friend's Pintler last year for a spot and stalk mule deer hunt, and was amazed at how easy it was to use. The year before, we packed out 2 mule deer without frame packs and it was miserable. With the Pintler (which I now own), it was like I wasn't even carrying quarters on my back. I would recommend this pack to anyone! Day hunters, overnight trips, etc.
Perfect all around pack.
Used it today for the first time. Very impressed. Loaded it with 35# of gear and went shed hunting. I put on 10miles and it rode great all day. Very comfortable. I could probably have ordered one size smaller and been a bit better off but it's still way better than my last pack. Will probably only use it for day hunts but it will also be great for a weekend outing too and maybe longer.