Carry everything you could ever need…or want.
For big hunts in wild country, it’s critical to have a pack big enough for everything you will need to keep hunting day after day. That’s where the METCALF 100 comes in. With a full 100+ liters of capacity, this pack can handle every style of hunt, from frigid, late season elk hunts where every layer is needed, to high mountain sheep hunts requiring big optics, tripods, and over a weeks’ worth of food. Multiple compression straps keep all your gear and meat secure, while the pockets on the roomy, detachable lid keep your essentials, like headlamps, spare gloves, food, and tags at the ready. It’s all built on the ULTRA LIGHT MT™ frame, so you’ll be confident in getting all your gear and your hard-won bull, buck or ram to the trailhead or bush plane.
- Roll-top closure and two side zips allow you to access all your big items easily
- The ultralight frame is built to minimize weight while maximizing load bearing capacity
- External blaze orange frame tabs allow easy attachment for accessories such as the Stick-It or Gravelly 18
- Zippered pockets on the detachable lid allow easy and secure access to your essentials
- Multiple compression straps ensure your gear is secure
- Bag features multiple attachment points for lid straps so you can secure the lid no matter how much you pack
- Side attachment points for lid straps when you want to run the bag without the lid and need to secure the roll-top closure
- Interior blaze orange ribbon loops for attaching Small and Medium Quick Attach Zoid Bags
- YKK® zippers
- 330D LP CORDURA®
Will the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF bag fit on the GUIDE LIGHT MT frame?
- The ULTRA LIGHT METCALF bag is compatible with the GUIDE LIGHT MT frame with a simple modification. To make the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF bag compatible with the GUIDE LIGHT MT frame, remove the HD Gate Keeper Lock from the bottom web compression on the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame and attach it to the bottom compression web on the GUIDE LIGHT MT frame. You can also use the quick attach buckle that comes with our QUICK ATTACH ACCESSORY STRAPS and place two snap attach buckles to the bottom loop of the daisy chain. This will allow for the buckles on the bottom compression strap from the GUIDE LIGHT MT frame to attach to the bottom of the pack.
Can I attach my 2020 to 2023 METCALF bag to the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame?
- The METCALF bag from 2020 to 2023 is not compatible with the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame, as the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame uses ¾ inch buckles for the OVERLOAD shelf instead of 1-inch buckles.
What type of material does the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame and yoke use?
- The ULTRA LIGHT MT frame uses Plain Air Mesh material on the interior of the harnessing and 500 Light Plus CORDURA.
Can I attach QUICK ATTACH ZOID bags to the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF?
- Yes, the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF can accommodate one medium QUICK ATTACH ZOID bag on the side and one small QUICK ATTACH ZOID bag at the top. The older 2020-2023 METCALF has a single option for the medium QUICK ATTACH ZOID bag on the side, whereas the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF 100 can accommodate two medium QUICK ATTACH ZOID bags and one small QUICK ATTACH ZOID bag at the top.
What material is used in the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF bag?
- The ULTRA LIGHT METCALF bag uses 330 Lite Plus material on the bag. Older 2020-2023 METCALF uses 500 Lite Plus.
What is the daisy chain on the front of the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF for?
- The daisy chain on ULTRA LIGHT METCALF is for attachment points for extra gear.
Are the small and large FORAGER POCKETS compatible with the ULTRA LIGHT METCALF?
- Yes, the small FORAGER POCKET is the only size compatible with the updated waist belt because the PALS webbing section is shorter on the more streamlined belt.
Can the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame carry the same amount of weight as the GUIDE LIGHT MT?
- Yes, the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame is rated to handle the same amount of weight as the GUIDE LIGHT MT.
What are the load lifter adjustments for the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame?
- The ULTRA LIGHT MT frame can adjust the load lifter height from 22 to 26 inches. This allows for greater adjustments for shorter or longer torsos and finding what is most comfortable for the user.
Can I swap my current yoke and put it on the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame?
- Expedition harnessing found on the METCALF from years 2020-2023 is not compatible with the ULTRA LIGHT MT frame as it uses a specific yoke attachment.
Where do I find the waist belt size on my pack?
- The size tag is located on the waistbelt behind the lumbar region.
Why would I choose the new ULTRA LIGHT METCALF over any other pack on the GUIDE LIGHT MT?
- The ULTRA LIGHT METCALF is for the backcountry hunter who is weight-conscious and prefers a minimalistic design but does not want to sacrifice comfort and durability.