Wildland medic pack designed for rapid access.
For the dedicated Fireline Paramedic or Fireline EMT, the FEMP was designed to allow quick access to all of your medical equipment, with enough additional space for your personal gear and admin goodies. The main compartment splays open, allowing full access to the removable pockets so that you can work out of the pack. Every square inch of this pack was designed with function in mind—dedicated pockets for hydration, documents, shears, gloves, etc. The Big Lid 10 is the icing on the cake, with 10 liters of space for all your extras.
- The Fire-specific yoke, featuring our patented Futura system, telescopically adjusts to any torso length and promotes ventilation. The full-length adjuster within the Futura system has a mounted aluminum stay, providing more rigidity. The Fire-specific internal frame consists of a single, vertical, fiberglass rod against an HDPE frame sheet. Together, these create a full-length, stiffened body panel that transfers the weight into the wings of the waist belt. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- External AQUAGUARD® zippers keep dust out of main pack.
- Includes BIG LID 10.
- Horseshoe zipper fully splays open the bag for main compartment access
- Sides and bottom of main bag are padded to protect contents
- Zippered lid pocket gives easy to personal gear and small items like headlamps, flagging, and batteries
- Modified front Stick It with zippered compartment for personal/sustainment gear and zippered administrative pocket (pencil, notepad, etc.)
- Modified Stick-It provides space for odd shaped objects
- Removable Medic Patch (Velcro®) area
- External, full-length zippered docs sleeve
- Top and side haul loops for hang options
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- Fusees fully zip away for rotor-wing crew shuttles
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Internal strip of Velco® loop for attaching removable pockets
- Two small and two large clamshell-style internal, removable pockets with vinyl windows that Velcro® in place have color coded-handles and Velcro® label strips can take paper strips, grease pencil, or sharpie for identification and quick recognition
- Two 1000 ml IV pockets with clear vinyl windows
- Internal sheer pocket with underlying area for surgical gloves
- Top-access hydration sleeve designed around Hydrapak® 3.1L OHY reservoir; can also hold certain 5L reservoirs
- Full-length, internal zippered sleeve for neck brace
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Bottom MOLLE for shelter attachment
- Includes BIG LID 10
- Hot Lid & Med Lid compatible (nibs for quick attach)
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for longevity: maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware
- Nylon 6,6 webbing
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- Varying density foams provide structure and padding
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- NFPA 1977-2016
- UL® Certified