From its mission-critical medical features to ultra-comfortable harnessing system, the FEMP packs all the essentials in its ingeniously-designed 30 L.
Wildland medic pack designed for rapid access.
For the dedicated Fireline Paramedic or Fireline EMT, the FEMP was designed to allow quick access to all of your medical equipment, with enough additional space for your personal gear and admin goodies. The main compartment splays open, allowing full access to the removable pockets so that you can work out of the pack. Every square inch of this pack was designed with function in mind—dedicated pockets for hydration, documents, shears, gloves, etc. The Big Lid 10 is the icing on the cake, with 10 liters of space for all your extras.
- The Fire-specific yoke, featuring our patented Futura system, telescopically adjusts to any torso length and promotes ventilation. The full-length adjuster within the Futura system has a mounted aluminum stay, providing more rigidity. The Fire-specific internal frame consists of a single, vertical, fiberglass rod against an HDPE frame sheet. Together, these create a full-length, stiffened body panel that transfers the weight into the wings of the waist belt. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- External AQUAGUARD® zippers keep dust out of main pack.
- Includes BIG LID 10.
- Horseshoe zipper fully splays open the bag for main compartment access
- Sides and bottom of main bag are padded to protect contents
- Zippered lid pocket gives easy to personal gear and small items like headlamps, flagging, and batteries
- Modified front Stick It with zippered compartment for personal/sustainment gear and zippered administrative pocket (pencil, notepad, etc.)
- Modified Stick-It provides space for odd shaped objects
- Removable Medic Patch (Velcro®) area
- External, full-length zippered docs sleeve
- Top and side haul loops for hang options
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- Fusees fully zip away for rotor-wing crew shuttles
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Internal strip of Velco® loop for attaching removable pockets
- Two small and two large clamshell-style internal, removable pockets with vinyl windows that Velcro® in place have color coded-handles and Velcro® label strips can take paper strips, grease pencil, or sharpie for identification and quick recognition
- Two 1000 ml IV pockets with clear vinyl windows
- Internal sheer pocket with underlying area for surgical gloves
- Top-access hydration sleeve designed around Hydrapak® 3.1L OHY reservoir; can also hold certain 5L reservoirs
- Full-length, internal zippered sleeve for neck brace
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Bottom MOLLE for shelter attachment
- Includes BIG LID 10
- Hot Lid & Med Lid compatible (nibs for quick attach)
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for longevity: maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware
- Nylon 6,6 webbing
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- Varying density foams provide structure and padding
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- UL®️ Certified to NFPA 1977-2022
Rated 5 out of 5 by Snowbee355 from Holds everythingI finally had the opportunity to use this out on the line this year. I’m a dedicated medic to Divisions as needed and was looking for a medical line pack that would allow me to carry everything I needed. It’s comfortable to wear and has more room than I need. It has a spot for a hydro pack that does not squish up against the bag the way I thought I would. I even took the top off about half way through the fire bc it wasn’t needed but I’m happy to use it when needed. I would definitely recommend for a dedicated medical line pack. I also appreciated the weatherproof/dustproof zippers.
Date published: 2020-08-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marcus C from Great trauma bag for the fieldWe bought this for our IHC about one month ago. We needed an option that could store our small oxygen bottle, all our trauma stuff and have a shelter so that someone could drop their bag and grab this one with everything included. It has more pockets than we have med gear which is a good thing in my opinion. We have it outfitted with a headlamp and basic gear so whoever is humping this can ditch their gear if need be and just use this.
Date published: 2019-05-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lardiggity from It’s huuuge.Got to use this on a 21 day line assignment that spanned two fires hiking with Hot Shot Crews. Pros: Has compartments for days! Can fit both BLS and ALS gear including small 4 lead monitor and a defribillator. It’s weight is centered so it doesn’t feel too heavy and won’t sway you back and forth when hiking. Cons: Because it has compartments up the ying yang, you have the propensity to carry everything which could lead to a 60lb pack! I found out the weight of this fully loaded bad oscar when I was being flown up to a spike camp. Overall it’s a great, well built pack. I didn’t fear ripping any of the shoulder straps while putting on the pack. The craftsmanship is on point. Besides looking like I was carrying a baby hippo on my back, it was quite comfortable. If partnered with another line Medic or EMT I’d be sure to split the load so you’re not carrying double of anything.
Date published: 2020-08-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by CJwazzy from Well built, great featuresThis pack is large for WF use but slightly smaller, WAY more comfortable, and way better equipped than most medic packs. I bought this to use as a general Wilderness Medical Response kit but for some of our docs with Red cards. We're all avid outdoors-people with backpacking experience, this thing is comfortable and adjustable: on par for an extended trek (and MR gear in general). It's kitted out internally and externally for packing all of your medical gear and internally organizing/compartmentalizing. It comes with everything pictured on the site (nothing pictured is optional or add on) but also bought the med lid (see my pics) which can swap out for the two pouch lid that is pictured on the site. That add on was unnecessary as the included lid has plenty of space for stuff but I might use all of the tiny pockets in the med lid anyway so I think I'll appreciate it. Finally, this thing is really well built. The zippers/straps/attachment points seem to be pretty bomb proof and likely water resistant. Stoked. Only minimal point of feedback is that I wish the side wing pouches (great for fuel bottles, water bottles, or oxygen tanks depending on your deployment) had a little clip to keep them folded down when not in use. If they did, this thing would look sleek AF when they are folded down.
Date published: 2020-09-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by BradenH from Awesome packNot only was I able to take everything from my old pack and put it in this pack but I was able to load the AED and extra pads into and it feels 100x liter than my coaxsher pack
Date published: 2020-10-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bobby from Class of its own buildThis pack is an incredible mission built platform for Line Medics. There is an ton of space built onto the pack but still does not seem too Large. The interior removable pouches are well built and functional. The addition of the removable lid adds another ton of storage for gear you may or may not need. If you are looking for a line medic pack this is go to. Spend the extra money and get the best. You will not regret it.
Date published: 2022-12-02