Terraframe 3-Zip 50
3-Zip access meets load-hauling OVERLOAD™ feature for mountain use.
Blending two of our most crucial design breakthroughs – the 3-ZIP and OVERLOAD™ features – the TERRAFRAME 50 3-ZIP is for mountain zealots who need the option of going light or going big. We’ve offered the OVERLOAD feature in hunting and military packs for years, yet backcountry climbers, fisherman, guides, and others have been asking for a mountain-inspired version of this versatile, load-taming design. Featuring rigid, carbon fiber frame stays, the suspension allows an ideal amount of torsional flex while providing ample support for loads up to 150 lbs. This functional expandability, the OVERLOAD, is your secret weapon when carrying awkward, excessive loads.
- The Terraframe has rigid yet dynamic frame system that moves with you. With lightweight carbon fiber stays that flex with your body to comfortably carry heavy loads, it also features heavy-duty compression straps and load lifters to stabilize the load. With patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- Features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten.
- OVERLOAD™ feature provides functional expandability via a load sling between the pack and the frame, allowing you to put the bulk of the weight closest to your back for optimal comfort.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily macro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- Featuring our classic 3-ZIP design for easy, rapid access to the interior.
- Two, zippered lid compartments
- Water bottle pockets keep hydration handy
- Frame construction uses tubular webbing and horizontal cross carbon fiber stays that allow for ideal flex
- Hybrid internal / external frame (designed like an internal frame system but on the outside of the pack)
- 3 L (100 oz) hydration reservior pocket against frame with ports to drinking tube above shoulders
- Telescoping yoke for custom torso fit
- 330D Lite Plus CORDURA® fabric
- YKK® zippers
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Phantom-M||888564177495|
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Phantom-S||888564177938|
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Deep Earth-S||888564171455|
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Deep Earth-XL||888564171462|
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Phantom-XL||888564178454|
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Phantom-L||888564176986|
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Deep Earth-L||888564171431|
|WS19 Terraframe 3-Zip 50-Deep Earth-M||888564171448|
The results are in Based on 2 Reviews
Having never used it I proceeded to fill the load shelf with a 4 man tent & 2 sleeping bags. I was pleased to see that it all fit.
I later realized it's best to load the main bag prior to placing anything into the extended load shelf area.
Any way the short of it is when I loaded all essentials for a two night, 3 day fishing trip to the river with my son, purposely packing a bit more than normal for the two of us, The slightly over 100 lb. load while not entirely comfortable was very manageable using hiking poles.
This new to me pack material used on the Terraframe 50 is indistinguishable by feel to me from the 500D pack cloth on my other MR packs. Pack seems to meet MR's claims regarding load out capacity.
Complaints, only one so far. I wish the the top lid compartments were bigger.
I've owned several Dana / Mystery Ranch packs over the years along with packs from others. This one may become my very favorite.
A dependable comfortable pack
Excellent mid-range pack. Packs down good and seems to hold more than 50l. Very comfortable. The overload feature is super nice and allows you to put bulky/damp items outside your main compartment. I put tent, poles and ground tarp outside. Fasteners and zippers all work very well. Only complaint is the external side pockets could be a bi bigger.