The commercial version of our standard SOCOM SPEAR issued pack.
The BLACKJACK 50 is a 50 L, top-loading pack with two external pockets that each have internal, mesh pockets. The pack has full-length zippers on each side for fast access to the main compartment.
- The Military Light Frame (MLF) is a rigid yet dynamic system that moves with you. The frame consists of four vertical and three horizontal carbon fiber stays and a reduced fabric panel using a stiffer, more structured CORDURA® Dyneema laminate at the points of connection resulting in shock absorption and increase in the flexibility of the frame. This construction allows the frame to flex with your body, resulting in top-down load transfer to comfortably carry heavy loads. The Futura Yoke easily macro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame. And the BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips. The MLF weighs 2 lbs lighter than its predecessor, the NICE Frame, by using different materials and construction methods and reducing the profile of the wing and belt.
- The BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor.
- Quick-release Futura Yoke
- Zipper port for antennae, cables, and hydration access
- Top-loading access has a spindrift collar
- 1" compression webbing and buckles
- Full-length zippers on each side
- Built of custom spec’d 500D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- YKK® zippers
Made in the USA
The results are in Based on 1 Review
My wife grabbed me this pack for Christmas after hearing me talk about it every since SHOT Show last year. Just in the time I’ve received it I have used it to: carry up groceries to our condo (we live in a 5th floor penthouse and the elevator has been down since Hurricane María) and just returned from 11 days at Disney where I carried it both to pack in my clothes on the plane and to carry our stuff at the park (I have a 3 year old and it was actually cold and raining in FL while we were there). All in all, for our trip we walked close to 70 miles based on our trackers.
The Good: it is the most comfortable pack I have ever bought or been issued. It cinches down nice and tight to the body. The shape of the frame contours well to the body. The toggles that “lock” the zippers is a nice touch to keep thit zippers closed up. Waterproof zippers are great. Back support is comfortable me even when folded back so as not to use the belt. It holds A LOT of gear and has no issue handling the weight. Side zippers that allow access to the pack without opening the lid. The locking strap buckles take some getting used to but work well for their intended function.
The wish list: a few more strap keepers. The straps to adjust the pack to your body dangles over your shoulder pads and can get in the way. Quicker/easier belt adjuster from when you are going from bulky clothes or a plate carrier to just a T and jeans.
The Bad: I haven’t found any as of yet.