SKU: Blackjack 80
The BLACKJACK 80 is designed after the standard-issue packs for USSOCOM, the SPEAR PATROL. The BLACKJACK 80 features lightweight, full carbon frames, Dyneema-CORDURA® laminate, IR-compliant zippers, and lightweight bolsters.
The commercial version of our standard SOCOM SPEAR issued pack.
The BLACKJACK 80 is an 80 L pack with four external pockets featuring top zips. It has full-length zippers on each side for fast access to the main compartment.
- The Military Light Frame (MLF) is a rigid yet dynamic system that moves with you. The frame consists of four vertical and three horizontal carbon fiber stays and a reduced fabric panel using a stiffer, more structured CORDURA® Dyneema laminate at the points of connection resulting in shock absorption and increase in the flexibility of the frame. This construction allows the frame to flex with your body, resulting in top-down load transfer to comfortably carry heavy loads. The Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame. And the BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips. The MLF weighs 2 lbs lighter than its predecessor, the NICE Frame, by using different materials and construction methods and reducing the profile of the wing and belt.
- The BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor and can be easily removed.
- Quick-release Futura Yoke
- Zipper port for antennae, cables, and hydration access
- Top-loading access has a spindrift collar
- Removable lid pocket with 2" straps that enable it to be used as a bolt/E&E pack
- 1" compression webbing and buckles
- Bolsters can be easily removed
- Built of custom spec’d 500D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- Water-repellent, IR Compliant YKK® zippers
Made in the USA
Rated 1 out of 5 by Disappointed Badger from Ripping After 1 Training Ruck MarchAfter spending a couple months looking for a new ruck, I bought this ahead of an upcoming deployment. I'm disappointed in this investment. After using it as a carry on for one trip and then conducting 1 training ruck march (with 60# total weight) I've noticed 4 rips in the fabric. All of the rips are on the back (outward facing) portion near the three pockets. Seems like the fabric isn't holding up to less than routine wear and tear. Would not recommend wasting money on this product. I know Mystery Ranch at one time made a good product since I have an old SATL assault pack that takes a beating and is fine (incidentally, the fabric is much better quality).
Date published: 2019-06-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from You get what you pay forIâve used this pack for about 3 months weigh ins ranging from 45-100 lbs. itâs fantastic. Best ruck Iâve ever used and Iâve used pretty much everything everything. Now Iâve just got to figure out what to do with the other 3 packs Iâve got laying around.
Date published: 2018-05-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Nothing I can get my hands on in Norway even come close...I've used this pack on a daily basis for like 2 months now, and all I can say is WOW! This is the most comfortable, and thought out pack I've ever carried. Period. I wish the belt buckle was a little bit sturdier, it tend to give after on heavier loads. Not to the point where it fails, but still I wish you would use a heavier one. Everything else one the pack is of supreme quality! Keep up the good work!
Date published: 2018-06-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by TheRedKingJ from Great Features that makes senseI bought the BlackJack 80 and it arrived in time just before a backpacking trip to Big Bend National Park. First, the MLF is so comfortable, did a total of 75miles in 3 days and did not receive any friction rashes. Second, the zipper outside pockets are posted to where they make sense. There was so much thought put in this ruck. Which surprised me that the hydration pockets inside did not properly fit my 3L camel backs, which might be a problem later when I do R&S missions with it. The molle inside the ruck is genius, great for a radio pouch or just an admin pouch to keep organized. The molle in the outside in the otherhand does not fit many things and I was only able to attach a go-kit and first aid. Can not wait to use this in a weeklong trip in the Sierra Mountains. I definitely will buy the Big Brother to this ruck to get some more room on longer trips out.
Date published: 2019-06-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jack14 from Pack is great but...The side slips for hydration bladders are very thin so they’re hard to fit a bladder too. The molle on the sides and inside is too short to securely hang a standard hydration pouch as well.Other than that it’s a great pack.
Date published: 2019-09-06