SKU: Blackjack 80
The BLACKJACK 80 is designed after the standard-issue packs for USSOCOM, the SPEAR PATROL. The BLACKJACK 80 features lightweight, full carbon frames, Dyneema-CORDURA® laminate, IR-compliant zippers, and lightweight bolsters.
The commercial version of our standard SOCOM SPEAR issued pack.
The BLACKJACK 80 is an 80 L pack with four external pockets featuring top zips. It has full-length zippers on each side for fast access to the main compartment.
- The Military Light Frame (MLF) is a rigid yet dynamic system that moves with you. The frame consists of four vertical and three horizontal carbon fiber stays and a reduced fabric panel using a stiffer, more structured CORDURA® Dyneema laminate at the points of connection resulting in shock absorption and increase in the flexibility of the frame. This construction allows the frame to flex with your body, resulting in top-down load transfer to comfortably carry heavy loads. The Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame. And the BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips. The MLF weighs 2 lbs lighter than its predecessor, the NICE Frame, by using different materials and construction methods and reducing the profile of the wing and belt.
- The BVS – Bolstered Ventilation and Stability system– allows for a stable, secure fit over body armor and can be easily removed.
- Quick-release Futura Yoke
- Zipper port for antennae, cables, and hydration access
- Top-loading access has a spindrift collar
- Removable lid pocket with 2" straps that enable it to be used as a bolt/E&E pack
- 1" compression webbing and buckles
- Bolsters can be easily removed
- Built of custom spec’d 500D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- Water-repellent, IR Compliant YKK® zippers
Made in the USA
Rated 1 out of 5 by Disappointed Badger from Ripping After 1 Training Ruck MarchAfter spending a couple months looking for a new ruck, I bought this ahead of an upcoming deployment. I'm disappointed in this investment. After using it as a carry on for one trip and then conducting 1 training ruck march (with 60# total weight) I've noticed 4 rips in the fabric. All of the rips are on the back (outward facing) portion near the three pockets. Seems like the fabric isn't holding up to less than routine wear and tear. Would not recommend wasting money on this product. I know Mystery Ranch at one time made a good product since I have an old SATL assault pack that takes a beating and is fine (incidentally, the fabric is much better quality).
Date published: 2019-06-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from You get what you pay forIâve used this pack for about 3 months weigh ins ranging from 45-100 lbs. itâs fantastic. Best ruck Iâve ever used and Iâve used pretty much everything everything. Now Iâve just got to figure out what to do with the other 3 packs Iâve got laying around.
Date published: 2018-05-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Nothing I can get my hands on in Norway even come close...I've used this pack on a daily basis for like 2 months now, and all I can say is WOW! This is the most comfortable, and thought out pack I've ever carried. Period. I wish the belt buckle was a little bit sturdier, it tend to give after on heavier loads. Not to the point where it fails, but still I wish you would use a heavier one. Everything else one the pack is of supreme quality! Keep up the good work!
Date published: 2018-06-03
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jack14 from Pack is great but...The side slips for hydration bladders are very thin so they’re hard to fit a bladder too. The molle on the sides and inside is too short to securely hang a standard hydration pouch as well.Other than that it’s a great pack.
Date published: 2019-09-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by Samuel from So close to perfectionThis bag is almost the perfect bag. Here’s why it’s not:The MOLLE on the side. The MOLLE should be sewn in down the entire length of the bag. Why did you not do this? This limits the size of any sustainment pouches you might add. I personally tried to attach two 9liter pouches on either side but about a third of the way down the MOLLE just ends. Having no attachment points,I ended up weaving the lower compression strap through some of the MOLLE on the sustainment pouch; but this just looks like hot garbage! Plus, it is not nearly as secure had it been woven through MOLLE. The two straps that come over the shoulders should have web dominators/Velcro retention. The other straps do and I’m not sure why this was not included? Nobody likes looking like spaghetti, let alone having those straps getting caught up on your TAPS,FLC or any kind of plate carried and its accoutrement.Of the four sustainment pouches sewn into the bag, the largest (squarish pouch highest on the bag) pouch should be just a tad bit larger. This would allow you to better carry map cases and certain other electronics. The E&E removable bag is exactly that. You’re not going to take this bag camping/backpacking and use that as a day hike bag. These gripes aside, this bag is nearly perfect. I used this bag in the field and on the civilian side. The BVS system is genius. The way the frame flexes but distributes weight is phenomenal. There are two internal pockets that are not shown/described in the description. One is located in the main compartment. It is a zippered mesh pocket that’s quite useful when camping/backpacking. The other is in the E&E bag pocket that sits further away from you. As stated, all this pack needs is full length MOLLE, all straps having dominators/retention Velcro and a slightly larger main sustainment pouch. I am quite happy with this purchase and I’m going to continue to use this bag in all aspects of my military career and civilian adventures.
Date published: 2020-09-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by TheRedKingJ from Great Features that makes senseI bought the BlackJack 80 and it arrived in time just before a backpacking trip to Big Bend National Park. First, the MLF is so comfortable, did a total of 75miles in 3 days and did not receive any friction rashes. Second, the zipper outside pockets are posted to where they make sense. There was so much thought put in this ruck. Which surprised me that the hydration pockets inside did not properly fit my 3L camel backs, which might be a problem later when I do R&S missions with it. The molle inside the ruck is genius, great for a radio pouch or just an admin pouch to keep organized. The molle in the outside in the otherhand does not fit many things and I was only able to attach a go-kit and first aid. Can not wait to use this in a weeklong trip in the Sierra Mountains. I definitely will buy the Big Brother to this ruck to get some more room on longer trips out.
Date published: 2019-06-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by matt from Excellent PackI had lots of time in the Overload with NICE frame, and the Blackjack with the MLF frame is a huge improvement. The MLF frame moves with the body better even under heavy/awkward loads (side strapped long rifle, radio equipment). Have put the Blackjack 80 through R&S abuse for 1.5 years and have had zero wear/tear issues. Like every MR product (Overload, ASAP) I've had the pleasure of using, the workmanship is absolutely solid. Pack layout is well thought out, organization facilitates field use.
Date published: 2020-04-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dan M from Perfect RuckThe Blackjack 80 is the perfect ruck to replace the standard issue ruck with. The frame alone is lightyears ahead of the squeaky current issue. Yes its heavier empty than uncle Sam's but after a few miles in the mountains you'll see and feel the difference the design of this pack makes. Its a no brainer why our nations best chose it. It is a small but smart investment for something that outlast whatever mileage you have planned for it.
Date published: 2021-03-19