Warriors and Quiet Waters
"When we first started working with Eric Hastings from WQW and listening to his compassion to help these individuals recover while finding a new path, we knew that this program during its development phase would thrive. And, being able to attend the FXs and see first hand their experience makes us grateful to be involved and to support this effort."
- Ryan Holm, Director of Marketing, MYSTERY RANCH
Warriors and Quiet Waters Foundation (WQW) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of post-9/11 combat veterans through the experience of fly fishing in Montana.
To accomplish this, WQW:
- serves veterans, their spouses, and military caregivers from all branches of service and across the United States.
- offers six-day therapeutic Fishing Experiences during which warriors discover an enhanced sense of camaraderie, greater trust in others, a greater sense of purpose, and a deeper commitment to positive change.
- provides transportation, accommodations, home cooked meals, professional instruction, and a complete fly fishing set-up for warriors to keep - all at no cost to the participant.
As a MYSTERY RANCH customer you understand that fly fishing is more than catching fish on a perfectly placed fly. It is about immersing oneself in a repeated series of occasions for hope, the pursuit of something elusive yet attainable, the calming nature of rippling water punctuated by the lyrics of tiny songbirds and a backdrop of rugged mountains.
"WQW extends a sincere THANK YOU to MYSTERY RANCH for outfitting WQW participants with top-of-the-line packs. By providing participants with a complete set of fly fishing gear to keep they are more likely to continue the sport independently and with confidence, a means to find peace and serenity wherever fishable waters may be found."
- Emily Sather, Community Engagement Manager, WQW