Intelligent Equipment: Initial Attack Optimized, NFPA 1977 Certified.
Stripped to the essentials—then rebuilt as PPE with Health and Safety as top priorities—the HOT SPEED is all-inclusive and IA ready. Designed to meet the specific needs of Engine Companies, Helitack Crews, and Overhead, this sleek pack drops the hydration reservoir into the lumbar, maximizing ventilation while freeing valuable upper-back real estate for hosepacks, saw packs, and bladder bags.
- The Fire-specific yoke, featuring our patented Futura system, telescopically adjusts to any torso length and promotes ventilation. The full-length adjuster within the Futura system has a mounted aluminum stay, providing more rigidity. The Fire-specific internal frame consists of a single, vertical, fiberglass rod against an HDPE frame sheet. Together, these create a full-length, stiffened body panel that transfers the weight into the wings of the waist belt. It also features a Redirect waist belt system that secures in a natural, forward pull direction that requires less effort to tighten and with patented features and construction methods, the waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight eliminating slippage down over the hips.
- Fully adjustable Fire Yoke telescopes to fit any torso length
- 3M™ reflective
- Zip-access to 250 cu-in storage pocket for headlamp, batteries, snacks, and other essential gear
- Low-profile admin pocket for notebooks, maps, IAPs
- MYSTERY RANCH Fire accessory lids-compatible
- Sliplocks on shoulder pads for adding saw pad and MR Talk Box accessories
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- Storage sleeve keeps three fusees fully-stowed yet ultra-accessible for those rare moments of emergency and urgency
- Fire Belt Light system features re-direct 2” webbing and PALS web for MOLLE accessories accessible
- Fire Shelter can be set up for right- or left-handed deployment
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with DWR and PU coatings for maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- External seam finished with 6,6 Nylon web for extra durability
- CAL FIRE PPE Working Group approved to CAL FIRE Spec 1728 (CAL FIRE SPEC Model)
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- UL®️ Certified to NFPA 1977-2022
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-S
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-M
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-L
|Hot Speed Cal Spec-Black-XL