Shift Plus 900
SKU: Shift Plus 900
Two packs in one and prepared for any Shift the fire might throw at you, our modular system is designed with open-ended capability to facilitate problem solving in the operational fire environment.
Modular Power: Shifting From IA to Campaign
Whether it’s a 36 hour IA shift that takes you from the truck to the mountain top, or a two week assignment out of region or county, the SHIFT PLUS 900 has your back. Replacing the Hot Spot + Crewbag, our redesigned system Shifts from simple, streamlined IA tool to large, full-featured pack for extended attack, single resource assignments, and mission-specific versatility.
- Three components combine to form the fundamental innovation that makes the Shift System truly unique: its Operational Load Shelf.
- First, the Fire-specific yoke features our patented Futura adjustment system to telescopically adjust to any user’s torso length, but reduces its footprint width by 2” to maximize ventilation and body heat dispersion.
- Second, the mid- and lumbar portion of the pack are built with continuous HDPE and fiberglass stay framing to bridge load distribution evenly from the yoke through to the hips and core.
- In combination, this is all serves the Load Shelf itself, which comes into play when hauling hose-packs, attaching the Plus 900 or forthcoming Modules, or doing something outside the box, like hauling 5 gal jerry cans, or strapping on a few drip-torches.
- Triple-Spade system is color coded, and securely attaches modular Plus 900 to Shift base in seconds.
- Operational Load Shelf helps haul hosepacks, mount modules, and carry other equipment
- Angled shelf in Ops mode minimizes shelter slap and chafe
- Sized and fully adjustable Fire Yoke features patented Futura telescopic adjustment system
- Daisy chains over shoulder pads for hanging accessories and other goods
- Shift BASE has discreet storage sleeve keeps three fusees fully stowed yet accessible for those rare moments of emergency and urgency
- Plus 900 stows up to 8 additional fusees between two dedicated sleeves
- Fusees fully stow away for rotor-wing crew shuttles
- Plus 900's wing pockets’ low-cut front enables firefighter to reach fuel and water bottles while wearing pack
- Wing pockets hold up to three fuel bottles, three water bottles (40oz Hydroflask®, FSS bottle) or one 64oz Hydroflask® growler per side
- CAL FIRE SPEC model includes HYDRO carrier and HYDRAPAK® 3.1L OHY Hydration Reservoir – insulated all-black hose, bite valve hardware, and dust cover
- System features multiple 200 cu-in storage pocket for headlamp, batteries, snacks, and other essential gear
- Double-layered Fire Shelter compartment built with additional reinforcement at key wear points—gift-wrap closure design minimizes debris
- Fire Shelter can be set up for right or left-handed deployment
- Pinstripe 3M™ reflective
- Standard pack sizing from XS-XL—with unconventional sizing available—lets us fit all body types
- Built of custom spec’d 500D and 1000D CORDURA® with Teflon® and PU coatings for longevity: maximum durability, UV, and weather protection
- AQUAGUARD® coated YKK® #10 Zippers with nickel-plated sliders provide exceptional weather-resistance and durability
- Nylon 6,6 hardware
- Nylon 6,6 webbing
- All body-facing components built with spacer mesh materials for moisture transfer and body heat dispersion
- Varying density foams provide structure and padding
- Double-layering and web reinforcement in high wear areas
- Fiberglass Stays
- CAL FIRE PPE Working Group approved to CAL FIRE Spec 1728 (CAL FIRE SPEC Model)
- ISO 9001 Manufacturer
- UL®️ Certified to NFPA 1977-2022
|Shift Plus 900-Black-XS-Base||888564181782|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-XS-Cal||888564190814|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-S-Base||888564181768|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-S-Cal||888564190791|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-M-Base||888564181751|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-M-Cal||888564190784|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-L-Base||888564181744|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-L-Cal||888564190777|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-XL-Base||888564181775|
|Shift Plus 900-Black-XL-Cal||888564190807|
Rated 5 out of 5 by mag91 from GREAT PACKThe pack is very comfortable. easy to adjust. i have the cal fire spec one. its great. It holds half a litter more of water than wolf pack. the pouch with the shelter is great because you can fix the small stuff for an IA pack. the hydration pack is easy to set up. the day pack is great as well. I can fit all my gear inside for when we are doing any overnight fires. Weight distribution on this pack is great. so much comfortable and the additional shift feature on this pack really works, the hose pack sits on there so the hose pack doesn't strain your back and shoulders as much. I got a chance to try all the features the first week i got it. i would definitely recommend it. worth the price.
Date published: 2019-08-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by Brian from Most adaptible wildland pack on the marketThis pack is one of the best packs I have ever worn, weather being on a engine performing initial attack or being 8 miles in the back county in some of most complex terrain Mother Nature can throw at you. You will forget that your even wearing the pack. This pack is able to accommodate all equipment I need. From being a sawyer cutting fire line or being on the ground searching for hot spots during mop up, this pack will not let you down. Definitely worth every penny I spent on it.
Date published: 2019-05-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scotty from Awesome PackI am not a wild-land Firefighter. But while working as a Cell Site Technician I found myself side by side with them to restore Communications in Oregon this fire season. I noticed that they were wearing packs from Mystery Ranch. Everyone of them said this is the best pack in the industry. I was a Paratrooper for four years and was skeptical of that claim. Ordered one and used it for a month now. It is definitely one of the best and most comfortable packs that I have ever used. Well worth the price. I am now a big fan of Mystery Ranch equipment and plan to buy all my future packs from them. Great job guys.
Date published: 2020-10-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by OTool3408 from Most comfortable pack I've worn, hands down.Extremely comfortable, well built and sturdy. Over all 9/10 however the fusee holder does not fit burning fusees without taking off the cardboard connecting tube and the shelter pocket is excessively tight to squeeze a shelter into. Not a fan of how tight the zippered pockets inside the water bottle pockets are, was hoping to fit some more fusees in there. And last the elastic pocket in the inside of the pack could have been a bit larger but not too big a deal. I still highly recommend this pack for it's comfort and functionality and will use a Mystery Ranch pack from now until my retirement.
Date published: 2022-07-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ereams from The Best there is, still room for improvementAfter a season and a half with heavy use of the Shift Plus 900 with hydration, the FTW pouch and the talk box short I’d have to say this is the most comfortable and versatile pack available and is my recommendation to anyone who asks. This is the second set of web gear from Mystery Ranch I have owned, with Coaxsher and True North being my prior two packs. I won’t let anyone I care about buy anything but Mystery Ranch. The biggest improvement over the last model is the waist straps tightening from the sides, this allows the waist to get much tighter making the weight of what ever you have stuffed in your web gear feel light and comfortable this combined with the adjustable back panel ensures proper fit and keeps you mobile and work efficient. The water bladder from hydra pack is easy to use fill up and secure in its sleeve and the insulated tube does a great job minimizing that hot plastic tasting first drink of water. The designers of Mystery Ranch have clearly prioritized keeping the weight low (without slapping your backside or thighs) and ensuring long term comfortability and keeping it easy to move around. If you’re on the fence, look no further spend your money here. The only thing I see becoming a problem is the long-term strength of the back panel. In two of the pictures above you can see that the back panel is bending from the weight of the shelter. I only carry my shelter, one fusee, some AA Batteries and some snacks. The back panel should not be bending under this average weight. Once the piece is bent out of shape the orange straps and buckles will begin to slip off back panel and your shelter will fall a few inches and be left kind-of dangling. It takes a couple of seconds to re-buckle and tighten the straps, but the problem will occur again. To me this looks like this piece of rigid plastic underneath the fabric just needs some horizonal reinforcement to the width of the lower back panel. Mystery Ranch has a phenomenal customer service team and I have no doubt this problem will be fixed if it happens to you. The Shift Plus is a nice bag and performs well. For me it’s too big 90% of the time. I would love to see Mystery Ranch close the gap between the Shift and the Plus 900 with a 300-400ish cc bag with the same modularity and using maybe the same attachment method. Mystery Ranch offers several “lids” unfortunately none of them work with the Shift; their most modular platform. Something just large enough to fit a dry shirt or hoodie, and some choice items from my lunch before hiking up the line at 2200 with no hope of return until 0600 would fit that IA/engine mission much better.All in all, this is without a doubt the best option out there and I wouldn’t hesitate for a second if you are considering this purchase. I own many Mystery Ranch products and this company has never let me down. If you buy it, you will be very happy with the freedom of movement and the all-day comfort it provides. If my web gear somehow went missing, I would be on the Mystery Ranch website replacing it that day without thinking twice about it. - Some Fire Captain from Somewhere
Date published: 2020-08-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by Iron bull from well built packgood afternoon, this brand of pack is the best on the market. i have bought two of these packs and i love them. i am a captain with my local fire district and was able to but in our budget to buy 15 of the mystery ranch packs. i would recommend this product to any one in the fire service. thank you for what you guys do. also i would love to do product testing and reviews for mystery ranch fire line packs. as long as i am in wild-land fire this company will always be my place to shop. i have had many coworkers of mine that has bought a mystry ranch pack after seeing how awesome they are.
Date published: 2023-04-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Awesome Pack and ServiceThese are great packs with versatility. They are so much more comfortable than other packs I've worn. The customer service from Mystery Ranch is outstanding, making sure everything was sized correctly for me.
Date published: 2018-10-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tejasmedic from Great packFirst mystery ranch pack. Definitely a comfortable pack. Can’t wait to use it on assignment. Only issue is the fusee pocket does not secure them in as they are to long.
Date published: 2019-09-18