Our iconic pack for your boldest, backpacking adventures.
The TERRAPLANE is our most revered, time-tested expedition pack. While its legacy lines are easily identifiable, it incorporates our latest material suite, new Astral Frame, five-point lumbar belt system, and fit and sizing. The core features and top-loading design stay true to the original, yet you’ll find significant advancements in construction and fit. The TERRAPLANE represents both our heritage as well as our latest Load Carriage™ vision.
- The Astral Frame is a robust frame that supports large loads. The mainframe is comprised of four vertical, composite stays, dense foam for flexibility and for torsional rigidity. Through patented features and construction methods, the mainframe transfers the weight of the load into the wings which relay the weight and equalizes the contact around and into the belt. The waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight and eliminate slippage down over the hips.
- The patented Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame.
- Top-loading design for easy/secure packing
- Convertible Daypack Lid feature
- Side zip for easy access to main bag without unpacking
- Two, exterior vertical long pockets
- Speedzip™ compartment for easy access to sleeping bag
- Water bottle pockets
- Tool carry attachment between back, vertical torpedo pockets
- Cross compression with buckle release for accessing side zips
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Five-point lumbar belt system
- Built on the NEW Astral Frame
- 500D Lite Plus CORDURA® fabric
- YKK® zippers