MYSTERY RANCH Military Ambassador
Military Consultant and Director of Alpha28 (for pay), Professional Volunteer and Motivational Speaker (for passion)
I spent over 22 years in the Marine Corps, with the bulk of that on various joint Special Operations Forces (SOF) teams. Most guys I know who have retired from active duty do not necessarily miss the military itself, but they struggle with not having that special camaraderie that they had in the service. I think I would be in the same boat, so I feel very fortunate to still be in a line of work that gives me that kind of connection. At Alpha28, my employees are SOF veterans whom I have been friends with for years, and our customers are all SOF units made up of many folks I still know, so my job keeps me plugged in with the military community. On top of that, I also make time for public speaking gigs and volunteer events that keep me in touch with the next generation of military folks, which I find very rewarding. And if nothing else, it gives me an opportunity to drink beer with them!
I had previously been issued various MYSTERY RANCH backpacks while on active duty, and before retiring, I spent time with the MYSTERY RANCH Mission Team as a military intern at their headquarters in Bozeman, MT. That experience increased my respect for the brand's integrity as I saw first-hand the standards, attention to detail, and craftsmanship that go into their products. Now, I often incorporate MR products into many of the training events that I run for SOF units, and I also use their packs on my volunteer work overseas. It's not that common to find a product with the quality so superior that it speaks for itself, with no need for justification. I think that, along with the culture of MYSTERY RANCH, is what has kept me in bed with this brand for so long. That, and I will forever be "the intern."
- Arabic/Spanish/Swahili Linguist, Recon Marine, Joint SOF Operator, Signals Intelligence Marine, Combat Swim Instructor, Freefall Parachutist, Combatant Diver, Retired Master Gunnery Sergeant.
- Repeatedly led teams in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, and Syria...and brought everyone home alive!
- Volunteered as a child trafficking rescuer and translator on nonprofit missions overseas.
- Served as the guest speaker at several Marine Corps balls and dozens of other military ceremonies and nonprofit events.
- Completed dozens of long-distance/marathon ocean swims and hundreds of hours of volunteer swim instruction for military candidates.
- Husband for 15 years (and counting!)
What Mystery Ranch Packs do you Run?
"You can never be sure of what someone is truly made of until they make it through something that really sucks." - Anonymous Marine