Our iconic pack for your boldest, backpacking adventures.
The TERRAPLANE is our most revered, time-tested expedition pack – this model made in the USA. While its legacy lines are easily identifiable, it incorporates our latest fabrications and design updates. The core features and top-loading design stay true to the original, yet you’ll find significant advancements in construction and materials. The TERRAPLANE represents both our heritage as well as our latest, Load Carriage™ vision.
- The Mountain Frame is a robust frame that supports large loads. The mainframe is comprised of two vertical composite rods backed with a full-length frame sheet. Through patented features and construction methods, the mainframe transfers the weight of the load into the wings which relay the weight and equalizes the contact around and into the belt. The waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight and eliminate slippage down over the hips.
- Top-loading design for easy/secure packing
- Two vertical torpedo pockets for external access
- Speedzip™ compartment for easy access to sleeping bag
- Side zip for easy access to main bag without unpacking
- Water bottle pockets keep hydration handy
- Ice axe/trekking pole loops and daisy chains
- Side compression straps
- Hydration reservoir compatible
- Made in the USA
- 500D CORDURA® fabric
- YKK® zippers
|WF18 Terraplane USA-Black-XL||888564171677|
|WF18 Terraplane USA-Black-XS||888564171684|
|WF18 Terraplane USA-Black-S||888564171660|
|WF18 Terraplane USA-Black-M||888564171653|
|WF18 Terraplane USA-Black-L||888564171646|
Made in the USA
The results are in Based on 2 Reviews
Long term investment in a backpack...I highly recommend the Terraplane.
I bought a Dana Designs Terraplane in 2005. I just had to get rid of it, (2018) after years of traveling around the world. It was a wonderful backpack, very adaptable. Other than the length of the internal frame, it could collapse to a very small size. At the end of a trip, I could fill 5000 cubic inches with crap to bring back.
Weight distribution was excellent, and ventilation (I am always too hot) was good.
After 12 years, the waterproof membrane started disintegrating, and that caused my clothes to collect little tar balls that were non-damaging, but annoying. I retired it a few years later. Time to buy another.
The Terraplane is the best pack I have ever owned, the most versatile, and the most rugged!
I first bought my Terraplane many years ago, when it was made by Dane Design, and when I was a drug enforcement agent. This pack was the best I could find at the time and extremely rugged and well thought-out. I carried it on numerous counter-drug field operations in many different terrains --jungles, forests, and mountains. I also used it for organizing raid gear for special missions ranging from assaults to two-week long surveillance ops. Now, years after retiring, I still have this amazing pack and use it for backpacking in the mountains here in the US. Simply, while I know that there are more selections and features on other Mystery Ranch packs, the Terraplane has changed very little and is the best pack I have ever owned, the most versatile, and the most rugged!