Montana Outfitters and Guides Association
"The Outfitting and Guide community is a strong voice in Montana for the heritage of hunting, advocating for public land access and bills like the 'Go Act' to improve the overall health of this economy driver."
- Ryan Holm, Director of Marketing, MYSTERY RANCH
Montana Outfitters and Guides Association (MOGA), is proud to protect, enhance, and adequately represent the Montana Outfitting Industry in all its forms.
MOGA is dedicated to fostering a vibrant professional outfitting industry focused on client safety while providing diverse and ethical customer services. MOGA promotes the conservation and sustainable, scientifically-based, management of Montana’s natural resources and the stewardship of our cultural heritage.
MOGA includes more than 200 of Montana’s professional licensed outfitters and guides with operations that span the state’s regions. With years of experience guiding hunters, fishermen, horseback riders, skiers, and snowmobilers, our outfitters will show you the best of Montana in a vacation that’s personalized to your needs.
MOGA, as the lead trade organization representing Montana’s outfitting industry, serves many core functions related to that role.
- Advocacy – be a relentless and highly effective voice of the industry at all levels and remain focused on the association Mission by effectively represent the membership before the Legislature and other essential Boards and Commissions.
- Communication – keep the membership informed on critical issues and actions affecting them and their businesses and alert members when their action is required and coordinate industry response to issues affecting them.
- Legislation – advocate for responsible yet minimal state and federal regulation of the industry.
- Education – accurately and positively characterize the contributions of the industry to decision makers and the Montana public in the areas of public service, conservation, and tourism. Conduct focused training opportunities that aid MOGA members in compliance and expose them to best practices.
- Industry Sustainability – promote, encourage, and assist with succession from the guide to outfitter status, seek stability for the industry in statute, regulation and market share.
- Ethics Advocacy – support the highest standard with members and expect them to be upheld.